Pre-Order Warner Archive Press Release: The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) (Blu-ray)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
69902411_10157704751286563_7682606021822382080_n.jpg

NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER!

THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS…or PARDON ME, BUT YOUR TEETH ARE IN MY NECK (1967)
Run Time 107:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Vintage Making of Featurette "The Fearless Vampire Killers: Vampires 101; Alternate Animated Title Sequence; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

It’s the living end, a fancy-dress ball for blood fiends in Count Von Krolock’s Transylvanian castle. Surely no mortal would be foolish enough to infiltrate this hemogobbling horror of a soiree. But partygoers notice something in the ballroom mirrors: the reflections of humans – vampire killers – dancing among them. Director/cowriter Roman Polanski (The Pianist, Rosemary’s Baby, Chinatown) spoofs vampire movies with this droll balancing act of shocks and laughs. He also portrays Alfred, mousy apprentice to a doddering researcher of vampirism (Jack MacGowran)...and the lovestruck defender of gorgeous Sarah (Sharon Tate) when the Count (Ferdy Mayne) tries to make her the ghoul of his dreams. It’s all fang-tastic fun!

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Oh, I remember Playboy magazine showing some on-set pictures of a naked Sharon Tate from this movie. I never saw the film though. As it's Warner Archives I assume the disc will be superb and I just might buy it.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
Great news. WAC has some great October announcements today. Some nice horror treats for Halloween
Not as Great and Nice as The Curse of Frankenstein ! ? : ( Still the wait continues ! At least Revenge is coming in November with a 4K Restoration. Thank God ! .... Maybe in December, last December they released Dracula (Horror of). I hope so.

Last edited:

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I've had pretty good luck with Target on Warner Archive titles. But, when in doubt, it's best to order directly from the source, even if it's not the most economical option.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I've had pretty good luck with Target on Warner Archive titles. But, when in doubt, it's best to order directly from the source, even if it's not the most economical option.
I could wait a little longer for their titles. The problem I have with Amazon is the long delays. I can live with a week or so, but not several weeks.

Reactions: Ken Koc and dpippel

Dick

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have never found this film to be laugh-out-loud funny, but it does bring a fairly consistent smile to my face. Polanski himself does some amusing slapstick as the buffoonish sidekick, and the doomed Sharon Tate is gorgeous, but as far as being a comedy goes, it's just okay...tries too hard, in my opinion, not unlike Polanski's later PIRATES. But the cinematography and atmosphere are terrific and the music score kinda cool, so overall I find this film to be fun every so often. I look forward to the coming Blu-ray, as the import I currently own has serious PQ problems.

JohnMor

Producer
Premium
Real Name
John Moreland
I have never found this film to be laugh-out-loud funny, but it does bring a fairly consistent smile to my face. Polanski himself does some amusing slapstick as the buffoonish sidekick, and the doomed Sharon Tate is gorgeous, but as far as being a comedy goes, it's just okay...tries too hard, in my opinion, not unlike Polanski's later PIRATES. But the cinematography and atmosphere are terrific and the music score kinda cool, so overall I find this film to be fun every so often. I look forward to the coming Blu-ray, as the import I currently own has serious PQ problems.
Comedy is always so subjective. There are so many scenes in this that I find laugh-out-loud funny. Yet I just barely smile through It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and I know tons of people who roar with laughter at that.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddie O. L.