What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Image may contain: text that says 'BlurayDis ARCHIVE COLLECTION RALPH BELLAMY GREER GARSON SUNRISE AT CAMPOBELLO HUME CRONYN- JEAN HAGEN TECHNICOLOR'

NEW 2020 1080p master!
SUNRISE AT CAMPOBELLO (1960)
Run Time 143:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.85:1, 16 X 9 Widescreen
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Includes Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

He led America’s battles against the Depression and the Axis powers – and won. But first Franklin Delano Roosevelt fought a personal battle against polio that would either destroy him – or arm him for greatness. This powerful film of Dore Schary’s long-running play is an intimate, admiring profile in courage. Ralph Bellamy reprises his dynamic Tony®-winning stage portrayal of the future President, and Greer Garson is his devoted, warbly-voiced wife, Eleanor. Both were uncannily true in their roles, and acclaim followed: Garson earned Golden Globe® and National Board of Review Best Actress awards, as well as one of the movie’s four Oscar® nominations. With exteriors filmed at Campobello and Hyde Park and interiors staged on uncanny duplications of the real-life Roosevelt homes, Sunrise at Campobello shines eloquently and movingly.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Greer Garson’s 7th and final Oscar nomination.

A very welcomed and unexpected selection from WAC.

Looking forward to this one.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll put back the intermission that was on the laser disc but left off the WA MOD.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I have fond memories of seeing this movie projected in B/W 16mm in high school. We studied the screenplay and had to write a paper on it. I have never seen it again since that time and I am looking forward to seeing it as it should be seen and with an adult perspective.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m going to break my “wait for the sale“ rule and get this on release day. I know I could just watch it on HBOMax but I‘m really eager to watch the Blu-ray.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Back in 1960 at age 10, I had to sit thru I WANT TO LIVE to see THE LOST MISSLE. I remember having to sit thru this back in 1960 too, but I can’t for the life of me remember what the sci-fi movie was as its double bill...does anyone know?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I tried looking and the only ones I could find that were sci-fi by WB released at or before but no proof which one played with SAC

57 - The Black Scorpion
58 - From the Earth to the Moon
59 - Godzilla Raids Again
59 - Teenagers From Outer Space

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I tried looking and the only ones I could find that were sci-fi by WB released at or before but no proof which one played with SAC

57 - The Black Scorpion
58 - From the Earth to the Moon
59 - Godzilla Raids Again
59 - Teenagers From Outer Space
I tried to check through old newspaper ads and the only double feature I could find was "Inherit the Wind"

From the Spartan Daily (San Jose State College) March 19, 1961

1601192650756.png

I found one theater that was playing Atlantis the Lost Continent until Monday with SaC starting Tuesday. While not the normal thing. I think some of the 2nd run/independent theaters might have had a "double feature" of the previous film and the new film (eg on Tuesdays) ...
1601191590020.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks