What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Sunday in New York (1963) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 2.00.53 PM.png

New 2020 1080p HD master!
SUNDAY IN NEW YORK (1963)
Run Time 105:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.85:1; 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Before she became a great star and two-time Academy Award® winner*, Jane Fonda was a screen ingenue who sent a string of bubbly romantic comedies soaring, including this charmer from the prolific pen of Norman Krasna (Bachelor Mother, The Devil and Miss Jones). Fonda portrays a virginal miss blessed with long limbs and a knockout profile who runs from her fiancé (Robert Culp) to the swingin’ pad of her brother (Cliff Robertson) and then into the arms of a guy she meets on the Fifth Avenue bus (Rod Taylor) — all the while trying to decide if she’ll say “yes” before she says “I do.” Filmed on location, Sunday in New York is a fun, sophisticated romp set to a hip Peter Nero score that features Mel Tormé singing the title tune.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I love this film. Silly but fun romantic comedy. Rod Taylor is great in these films. And i can never get enough 1960s Jane Fonda. If i remember correctly Robert Culp plays her boyfriend. Will be picking this up.:)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It’s a very enjoyable movie with Jane Fonda going a wonderful job. Looking forward to seeing this in Blu.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoy this movie. Love seeing early 1960's midtown Manhattan. 5th Avenue was a 2 way street back then. On Broadway Robert Redford played the role Rod Taylor plays in the film. Too bad he wasn't cast in the movie.

Wikipedia has a lot of information about the film and the play on which it is based. Including information on other people who were considered for the roles both on Broadway and in the film.

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
This is also something I've been looking forward to. No, not a masterpiece, but surprisingly solid and stylish. and unjustly overlooked. It takes a lot of talent to take something this light and make it work so beautifully. Wonderful performances, and New York City has never looked so romantic and charming. Plus Mel Torme!

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Sorry. After reading Battlebeast’s post, I went down to the bottom to see what the other releases were and was surprised not to find it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Well, how amusing. I was JUST watching the Warner Archive DVD TONIGHT. I stopped as soon as I saw this, because it will be nice to have it in nice quality, which the DVD really isn't.

Trancas

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Hmmm........that original poster art.......the visual innuendo is kind of unbelievable.
And the way they've offset the Pro from position, makes it read at first glance:
Dedicated to the position that every girl gets ...sooner or later.:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks