What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
room.png

NEW 1080p HD master from best preservation elements!

ROOM FOR ONE MORE (1952)
Run Time 98:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 – English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1. 4x3 FULL FRAME
Product Color B&W
Disc Configuration BD 50

SPECIAL FEATURES: Classic Warner Bros. cartoons FEED THE KITTY (HD) and OPERATION: RABBIT (HD); Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Screen legend Cary Grant re-teamed on the big screen for the second time with wife Betsy Drake for this heartwarming audience favorite based on the book by Anna Perrot Rose.
When it comes to children, three’s a crowd for city engineer Poppy Rose (Grant). But for his wife, Anna (Drake), three is just a beginning. She wants to add to their brood of three kids, a legion of cats, a scruffy stray dog and whatever else comes their way by having them become foster parents of one, then another, troubled youth. With his charm, offhand wit and impeccable timing always in play, screen icon Grant shines as Poppy in this “warmhearted, thoroughly engaging domestic comedy” (Clive Hirschhorn, The Warner Bros. Story). Grant chose this book as a vehicle for he and his wife, allowing their real-life marriage to provide a showcase for their big-screen chemistry, which is unique ad charming. The film also was the screen debut of child star George “Foghorn” Winslow, who unforgettably shared the screen with Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes a year later. Join them. After all, there’s always Room for One More.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
When it comes to the January BDs from WAC, I’ve got room for four more.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A Grant film that I am not familiar with but a copy will wing it’s way to Australia to join my many other Gary Grant films.
thank you WAC for a great start to 2021!

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wrote about it here when I did my Cary Grant complete filmography thing. It’s cute and charming. Not very substantial but it’s just pleasant. This came out in the dawn of television and it has the feel of an early sitcom almost; you can just as easily imagine the same material being done as a family comedy show. While it’s not top tier Grant, I always enjoy him in roles where he’s playing the slightly befuddled husband who’s a good soul that perhaps should trust his wife’s judgment on how to run the house just a little bit more than he does :)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Personally, I was never a big fan of Cary Grant's later period. It's full of quaint, occasionally charming fluff pieces, and, every once in a long while, a movie truly worthy of his varied talents like An Affair To Remember, Charade and Indiscreet.

Would have much preferred just about any of WAC's other Grant holdings to this - including Bringing Up Baby, My Favorite Wife, Arsenic and Old Lace, Dream Wife, or Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. But I won't quibble, and will likely get this - although, honestly, given Grant's suave sophistication, I never really understood his marriage to Drake, who always looked as though she was rather anemic and in need of a good shot of iron to compete with her hubby.

Rodney

Premium
- although, honestly, given Grant's suave sophistication, I never really understood his marriage to Drake, who always looked as though she was rather anemic and in need of a good shot of iron to compete with her hubby.
It kind of fits the quote of Cary Grant where he said: "Sometimes I wish I were Cary Grant".

ScottHM

Premium
Real Name
Scott
Would have much preferred just about any of WAC's other Grant holdings to this - including Bringing Up Baby, My Favorite Wife, Arsenic and Old Lace, Dream Wife, or Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.
The fact that this one is coming out gives me more hope for the others.

---------------

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
It kind of fits the quote of Cary Grant where he said: "Sometimes I wish I were Cary Grant".

It fits another Grant quote even better. When he arrived at his own AFI tribute with Peter Bogdanovich, the girl taking their invitations looked at Grant's then Grant, then the invitation again, then said, "You don't look like Cary Grant," to which Grant sublimely replied, "Well, nobody does!"

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The fact that this one is coming out gives me more hope for the others.

---------------

It looks like HBO Max funded the work on this one, as has been the case for several other titles that first appeared on the service and then on disc.

As to why this one, just a guess: Warner did a Cary Grant box set on DVD and I believe they had plans to do a second volume, but either sales numbers disappointment or the advent of Blu-ray shifted their priorities. Room For One More had likely been one of the choices for that second set (it has a newer master than most of the other WA DVD-Rs, suggesting they had been in the process of prepping it for a commercial release.) Maybe they’re just picking up where they left off. It also would have needed a lot less work than some of the more well known titles originally produced by RKO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
It looks like HBO Max funded the work on this one, as has been the case for several other titles that first appeared on the service and then on disc.

As to why this one, just a guess: Warner did a Cary Grant box set on DVD and I believe they had plans to do a second volume, but either sales numbers disappointment or the advent of Blu-ray shifted their priorities. Room For One More had likely been one of the choices for that second set (it has a newer master than most of the other WA DVD-Rs, suggesting they had been in the process of prepping it for a commercial release.) Maybe they’re just picking up where they left off. It also would have needed a lot less work than some of the more well known titles originally produced by RKO.
Why would you make that assumption that HBO Max funded the work just because some of those titles appeared on it just weeks ahead of its physical disc release?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Why would you make that assumption that HBO Max funded the work just because some of those titles appeared on it just weeks ahead of its physical disc release?

Because they said on the WA podcast that HBO Max was contributing a lot of funding to their restoration work.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wrote about it here when I did my Cary Grant complete filmography thing. It’s cute and charming. Not very substantial but it’s just pleasant. This came out in the dawn of television and it has the feel of an early sitcom almost; you can just as easily imagine the same material being done as a family comedy show. While it’s not top tier Grant, I always enjoy him in roles where he’s playing the slightly befuddled husband who’s a good soul that perhaps should trust his wife’s judgment on how to run the house just a little bit more than he does :)
The film did become the basis of a TV series about 10 years after the film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do you recall which podcast that was because I would like to listen to it?

There’s apparently an official Warner Archive podcast. I don’t listen but some of our members do and often post highlights in the Warner Archive thread. I’m too much of an old fuddy duddy to podcast :D

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Because they said on the WA podcast that HBO Max was contributing a lot of funding to their restoration work.
I think the point was that with streaming services also benefiting from these restorations more funds are being allocated to the archive. After all HBOMax and WAC are all part of the same company.

Dan Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
This is an ok movie but nothing great. House boat is far superior to room for one more (like a million times superior). I own every single Cary grant film on blu ray and dvd and this is the first one that im considering passing on. I guess it may have to do with not being a very big fan of besty drake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moviefan88