What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Quick Change (1990) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I was really into Bill Murray at the time and blind bought this when it came out on Laserdisc. I liked it but did not love it and thought most of his earlier films were funnier but I would still recommend it to Murray fans. I watched it 3 times but have not seen it for at least 25 years. I'm undecided on purchasing this probably on a future sale but I have a feeling I would only enjoy revisiting this once.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This movie has many really funny moments, but I agree that humor is in the ear of the beholder. I love IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, but a few of my friends find it incomprehensibly stupid. I, too, love the Stooges. But I also love dry British humor, such as the Ealing comedies. Guess I'm lucky to have a pretty broad appreciation of what people consider funny. For years I thought there was little point in upgrading my DVD comedies to Blu-ray, but I wound up upgrading about five hundred of them. I just love to laugh while watching movies, especially because real life is simply not very humorous these days.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I like this film and have watched it several times, but I think it will retain its cult status. I don't find it "laugh-out-loud funny," but I appreciate how perfectly calibrated it is. This is also some prime Bill Murray.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I like this film and have watched it several times, but I think it will retain its cult status. I don't find it "laugh-out-loud funny," but I appreciate how perfectly calibrated it is. This is also some prime Bill Murray.

Oh man, there's so much "laugh out loud" material in this movie! :dancing-banana-04:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The movie is objectively funny, but in a way that tends to elicit a smile from me rather than a guffaw. It's a fun time. "The laughing on the inside kind, I guess." 🤡

After 31 years, I still laugh on the outside! :D

It's just one of those movies that has so much going on that I find something new each time!

AlexNH

Second Unit
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
The reviews on this release have been stellar. It's a shame they didn't get someone to record a commentary.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The reviews on this release have been stellar. It's a shame they didn't get someone to record a commentary.

Possible that they tried and no one wanted to do one?

IIRC, Murray has never done a "proper" commentary. He participated in the Criterion commentary for "Moonrise Kingdom", but I think he just briefly communicated via phone for that.

Otherwise... I can't think of any Murray commentaries, so he likely wouldn't have wanted to do one for "QC".

No idea what Howard Franklin is up to.

I don't think we want Randy Quaid to do one nowadays! :D

So that leaves Geena Davis and some of the supporting actors, which would be fun... but WB probably decided it wasn't worth the effort, even if those folks agreed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors