What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: My Dream is Yours (1949) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
1610414555958.png

NEW 2020 1080p HD master!

MY DREAM IS YOURS (1949)
Run Time 101:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Vintage Joe McDoakes Comedy Short "So You Want to be An Actor"; The Grass is Always Greener short subject; Classic Cartoon 'A Ham in a Role' ; Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Talent agent Doug Blake (Jack Carson) is giving 100% to earn his 10%. He walks away from his arrogant singing star (Lee Bowman) and scrambles to discover another who will shine even brighter. He finds effervescent songstress Martha Gibson. Doris Day plays Martha. Think she has a chance? During the shooting of Day’s first film (Romance on the High Seas), director Michael Curtiz was sure the sparkling newcomer had much more than a chance and set the wheels in motion for My Dream Is Yours. Curtiz dots his film with authentic Hollywood locales (including the fabled Schwab’s Pharmacy). And Bugs Bunny himself hops into a dream sequence. Welcome to the Dream Factory. Make it yours.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
It doesn't say if it's restored using the three Technicolor negatives -- like the new SHOW BOAT does, and like ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS was. I have to assume that DREAM isn't being prepared in this primo fashion, and that's unfortunate, no matter how gorgeous it winds up looking. "Are they going the three-strip route" is the first thing I look for when these WB pre-1955 Technicolor releases are announced, as it makes quite a difference to a lot of us. Not a deal breaker, exactly, just a disappointment.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
It doesn't say if it's restored using the three Technicolor negatives -- like the new SHOW BOAT does, and like ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS was. I have to assume that DREAM isn't being prepared in this primo fashion, and that's unfortunate, no matter how gorgeous it winds up looking. "Are they going the three-strip route" is the first thing I look for when these WB pre-1955 Technicolor releases are announced, as it makes quite a difference to a lot of us. Not a deal breaker, exactly, just a disappointment.
But as it is shown in HBO Max, it looks as good as Romance on the High Seas does. You don’t have to worry about this one.

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Oh my God, I just noticed... ON MOONLIGHT BAY, as well? And prepared in the three-strip process, to boot? It seems WB is trying to kill us with these astonishing releases, and I can't imagine a happier demise.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I was surprised as well. Perhaps it has to do with the condition of the negatives. While not Technicolor, last month’s release of Young Man With a Horn also specifically avoided stating the use of the original negative in the transfer, but it still looked great and sounded even better. At any rate, I’m just thrilled with the amount of Day they’re putting out on blu.

Last edited:

Gerani53

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Gerani
For me, this is a holdover from my years as a 16mm collector back in the '70s. You could get an absolutely gorgeous Eastman or CRI version of a Technicolor movie... but a Tech. IB (dye transfer) print of that same movie was always another animal, no matter what. The exciting thing about this current three-negative combo process is that it's the ONLY process that replicates IB, rendering all other super-fantastic Technicolor restorations of recent years (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, THE BAND WAGON, etc.) "not quite the real thing," by comparison. It's combining those three negative strips that makes all the difference in the world. So, two more "Tech IBs", so to speak (SHOW BOAT and ON MOONLIGHT BAY), and one super-beautiful pseudo-CRI (MY DREAM IS YOURS). I can live with that. In terms of upcoming b/w classics, no original negative scans in February, but I believe SAN FRANCISCO is taken from "preservation elements," which sounds interesting.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I've been waiting for this announcement since seeing it look so phenomenal on HBO Max! Can't wait for it and ON MOONLIGHT BAY!

I believe Martin Scorsese cited My Dream Is Yours as an influence to him as he prepared for New York, New York.

So much so that he stole the story of Day's first marriage to Al Jorden as a plot! :lol:

Rick2Hot

Auditioning
Real Name
Terry Behm
Oh my God, I just noticed... ON MOONLIGHT BAY, as well? And prepared in the three-strip process, to boot? It seems WB is trying to kill us with these astonishing releases, and I can't imagine a happier demise.
We need "By The Light of the Silvery Moon" now. Come on WB how about it.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
This is doris first film working with dubber Hal Derwin who sings for lee bowman.
Hal later sang for gene nelson in Lullaby of Broadway.
He then sang for bob cummings in Lucky Me.

ponset

Supporting Actor
Real Name
scott
Nice to see more JACK CARSON movies appearing on Blu-Ray.
Oh, Doris Day and Eve Arden will be cool to see too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors