What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Inside Daisy Clover (1965) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.03.35 AM.png

New 2020 1080p HD master!
INSIDE DAISY CLOVER (1965)
Run Time 128:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Classic Cartoon "War and Pieces"; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

“You’re Gonna Hear from Me,” 15-year-old gamine Daisy Clover sings from the silver screen to an adoring public, although in the 1930s, “star treatment” can go all the way from being discovered to being discarded. Natalie Wood plays the title role with gusto in this blend of Hollywood stardust and melodrama from the producer/director team (Alan J. Pakula and Robert Mulligan) that had already sublimely showcased her in Love with the Proper Stranger. Also heard from are Wood’s costars Robert Redford (as the vain movie star who weds Daisy) and Ruth Gordon (as Daisy’s mother), both winning Golden Globes® for their work here (Gordon earned an Oscar® nomination as well).

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Yes! I just knew this was coming. Now if we can get Splendor In The Grass and Sex And The Single Girl for a Natalie Wood trifecta.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Age always confused me on this film. If Daisy is 15 at the start of the picture is that how old she is when she gets married, maybe 16? Natalie Wood was about 26 when she made this picture . Its a bit of a stretch for her to be playing 15.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Age always confused me on this film. If Daisy is 15 at the start of the picture is that how old she is when she gets married, maybe 16? Natalie Wood was about 26 when she made this picture . Its a bit of a stretch for her to be playing 15.

I'm old enough to remember when this project was first announced and at that time, Sue Lyon (Lolita) was attached to the project. She would have been around 17 at the time and more age appropriate. Patty Duke would have been around the same age and also been a good choice for Daisy. However, neither actress had the box office clout of Wood at that time.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Thank you Warners. One of my most wanted films on Blu Ray. The cinematography is extraordinary!!! Andre Previn's beautiful score.. More Natalie please!
Great score, great cinematography, and not a bad film. Some absolutely stunning images that transcend some of the more vague plot points (I have a feeling there may have been studio interference with this, but I'm not sure) to create an almost existential feeling of being alone and trapped inside one's talent and potential.

Chelsearicky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Barrett-Olson
Great score, great cinematography, and not a bad film. Some absolutely stunning images that transcend some of the more vague plot points (I have a feeling there may have been studio interference with this, but I'm not sure) to create an almost existential feeling of being alone and trapped inside one's talent and potential.
Yes......There was quite a bit of studio interference post production. Close to 25 minutes was cut, as well as about thirty of Wood's 'voice overs' verbalizing Daisy's thoughts over the course of the action.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Yes......There was quite a bit of studio interference post production. Close to 25 minutes was cut, as well as about thirty of Wood's 'voice overs' verbalizing Daisy's thoughts over the course of the action.
Thanks. I know I was aware of this but it was so long ago I've forgotten.

So INSIDE DAISY CLOVER has to be considered a work--to quote Jean-Luc Godard writing in "Cahiers du Cinema" about certain Nick Ray films such as THE TRUE STORY OF JESSE JAMES that also suffered from studio interference--"in which each image has to be looked upon as a brushstroke" or a single cell from which one can resuurect in one's own mind the totality of the original, now lost, film.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I saw it on the day it was released. I was disappointed in it slightly, for various reasons, which was unusual for me. I still saw it a bunch of times because I loved the music and performances, but the script just didn't quite make it and still doesn't. Mulligan's work is great and I'm thrilled this is coming.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw it on the day it was released. I was disappointed in it slightly, for various reasons, which was unusual for me. I still saw it a bunch of times because I loved the music and performances, but the script just didn't quite make it and still doesn't. Mulligan's work is great and I'm thrilled this is coming.
I never watched this movie in its entirety. I need to correct that shortcoming.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I haven't seen it since it came out. I didn't love it but it got under my skin in a way few Hollywood films of that time did. In many ways, what was most critical wasn't actually there but was suggested by the images and the performances--it resonated like a piece of music you can't get out of your head and I found myself thinking about all the possibilities of those characters' interactions that wasn't on the screen but was suggested through a multiplicity of things in the movie, some of them subliminal. It was like a stand-up comic routine with all the punch lines cut out, but you can sense where it's going and kind of complete it in your mind. The information is there, but it's all jumbled up, And a lot of it is really haunting; especially the combination of these breathtakingly beautiful images with Andre Previn's score. It's a bit like a silent film. I don't think Natalie Wood has ever looked more beautiful. Very happy that Warners is bringing it out on Blu-Ray.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
One of the most haunting and beautiful moments of music for me is when Daisy and her Mother are at the beach. Andre Previn's best score!

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks