What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: I Wouldn't Be In Your Shoes (1948) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
5103p6Qk89S.jpg

We are uncertain if a press release is forthcoming

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With so many more known film noirs available to release, WA releases this one. I'm not really complaining, but I find it interesting that this "B" and lesser known film noir makes the WA cut. I wonder how many units of this title they expect to sell? I'll buy it, but I do wonder how many other people feel the same way. I wonder if Eddie Muller is happy about this Cornell Woolrich film adapted novel being released on BD? He probably prefers "The Guilty" another movie adapted from Woolrich be released, but I'm just guessing.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if condition of the elements is still a deciding factor in what gets released. The more popular the film, the more likely the elements need more expensive work in order to bring the resulting blu ray up to Warner Archive standards. Films from the 1940's are now 71 to 81 years. old.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wonder if condition of the elements is still a deciding factor in what gets released. The more popular the film, the more likely the elements need more expensive work in order to bring the resulting blu ray up to Warner Archive standards. Films from the 1940's are now 71 to 81 years. old.

I very much believe it is based on conversations I have had in the past.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Never heard of this film. IMDB claims it was lost at some point but resurfaced. Has some positive reviews. I'm in. Love post WW2 noirs. And from a Woolrich novel. I'm double in.

Real Name
John
Well, THIS is a pleasant surprise I never saw coming. I'm a big Elyse Knox fan. In her relatively short career, she was stuck in a lot of dopey films (most of which I've tracked down and sat through solely to see her work), but I WOULDN'T BE IN YOUR SHOES is an excellent movie that lets her show off her dramatic chops.

I'll be buying this day one. Thank you, Warner Archive, for making my day in a way no other DVD/Blu-ray outfit has in a LONG, LONG time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.