What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Hans Christian Anderson (1952) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51ft5qV4+ZL.jpg

Preorder Pending. This is a re-release to archive

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
The old laserdisc (and VHS, I think) release(s) of Hans Christian Andersen had stereo tracks. Were they fake?

John Skoda

Second Unit
Yes, the Pioneer SE had an isolated music and effects track and they enhanced the sound some, but mono is all they had as a source.

philip*eric

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
philip jaeger
What a shame that the Blu-ray release of this major film of its day - in 1952 - has only a trailer as an extra . As a fan since childhood of this classic , I know that a vast amount of advertising material was produced by Samuel Goldwyn studios - a program, special glossy lobbies, a deluxe pressbook, etc. Also the film has a major score by Frank Loesser that was recorded by many artists as well as released as an original soundtrack. I am sure that some of this material would make interesting extras. Also a bio of Danny Kaye seems appropriate for this release as this became an iconic role. In Copenhagen, for many years, there was a statue of Kaye as Anderson in Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum which speaks to the film's universal appeal.

philip*eric

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
philip jaeger
Yes, the Pioneer SE had an isolated music and effects track and they enhanced the sound some, but mono is all they had as a source.
The isolated track of Frank Loesser's music would certainly been welcome on the Blu-ray edition..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks