What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Girl Crazy (1943) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.05.29 PM.png

NEW 2020 1080p master from 4K scan from best surviving preservation elements!
GIRL CRAZY (1943)
Run Time 99:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50

Mickey Rooney. Judy Garland. Gershwin music. And Tommy Dorsey to play it. Who could ask for anything more? From Garland’s rendition of “But Not for Me” to the grand finale of “I Got Rhythm,” Girl Crazy is one of the most buoyant tunefests ever put on-screen. Rich kid Danny Churchill (Rooney) has a taste for wine, women and song, but not for higher education. So his father ships him to an all-male college out West where there’s not supposed to be a female for miles. But before Danny arrives, he spies a pair of legs extending out from under a stalled roadster. They belong to the dean’s granddaughter, Ginger Gray (Garland), who is more interested in keeping the financially strapped college open than falling for Danny’s romantic line. At least at first.
Special Features: Introduction by Mickey Rooney(HD); Commentary by Film historian John Fricke; Comedy Short "Hollywood Daredevils" ; Vintage Cartoon "The Early Bird Dood It" ; "I Got Rhythm" Stereo Remix Version (HD); Audio Only Bonus "Bronco Busters" Outtake; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Except for one poster who I'm sure will be around soon enough to complain about WAC never releasing anything they should.
Always shows up on PayDay and gripes his checks too small.
Oh well, you can't make everybody happy so WA does their best.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
Absolutely thrilled with these 3 announcements! All of them tier A titles that cannot stay out of my bluray libray!
If I am not mistaken, Pat and Mike was another title that has a new transfer streaming in HBOMax. So, it may also be forthcoming from WA.

Reactions: PMF

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
He already has! He's dumped in the Million Dollar Mermaid thread! :(
You talking to me? Yeah that MGM tuner starring everyone's favorite musical co-star Victor Mature.
But for this I'm pretty happy. If only for Bidin My Time. Though there's a lot more. And whenever I watch Embraceable You I think that this is the best thing Garland ever did.
This is such a great choice call me surprised.
I've got my fingers crossed for Babes on Broadway though with the minstrel show at the end I have my doubts.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Yes you have two songs that could be a problem in "Babes On Broadway", "FDR Jones" and "Waiting for the Robert E Lee" I have read after the first preview they had to add a brief scene showing Judy and Mickey putting on the black face make up because many in the preview audience didn't recognize them in the "FDR Jones" number . On the other hand "Holiday Inn" with the "Abraham" number has been released on blu ray as has "Swing Time" with "Bojangles of Harlem."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks