What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Each Dawn I Die (1939) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
3.jpg

NEW 2021 1080p HD Master Sourced from 4K scan of best surviving nitrate preservation elements! EACH DAWN I DIE (1939)
Run Time 92:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, MONO - English
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1 4x3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Warner Night at the Movies including 1939 Short Subjects Gallery: Vintage Newsreel, WB Technicolor Short: "A Day at Santa Anita", WB Cartoon: "Detouring America"; Restrospective featurette: "Stool Pigeons and Pine Overcoats: The Language of Gangster Films" ; Feature Commentary by Film Historian Haden Guest; Breakdowns of 1939: Studio Blooper Reel; WB Cartoon: "Each Dawn I Crow"; Radio show w/George Raft & Franchot Tone; Trailer for "Wings of the Navy" and Original Theatrical Trailer for Each Dawn I Die (HD)

Framed for manslaughter after he breaks a story about city corruption, reporter Frank Ross is sure he’ll prove his innocence and walk out of prison a free man. But that’s not how the system works at Rocky Point Penitentiary. There, cellblock guards are vicious, the jute-mill labor is endless, and the powers Ross fought on the outside conspire to keep him in. Frank’s hope is turned to hopelessness. And he’s starting to crack. Two of the screen’s famed tough guys star in this prison movie that casts a reform-minded eye on the brutalizing effects of life in the slammer. James Cagney “hits a white-hot peak as [Ross,] the embittered, stir-crazy fall guy” (Leonard Maltin’s Movie Guide). And George Raft (Cagney’s friend since their vaudeville days) portrays racketeer Hood Stacey, who may hold the key to springing Ross.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah baby, I have at least three four WA titles I will purchase in April. I'm not a big fan of musicals.

Edit: At least four with 'Another Thin Man" added to my purchase list.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
What a great film. Can't wait to see that gritty, high contrast Warner's lighting style in HD. While the plot may be rough and tumble--for me this is the zenith of the WB prison picture--Cagney dances through this film in much the same way Astaire does in "Broadway Melody of 1940" bringing everything to a much higher level. It's impossible to take your eyes off him, and I think he's in every scene. As entertaing, fast and vicious as anything he ever did.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Given the massive outpouring of classic movies of late from WAC's formidable archive, there is really no reason to do anything but positively rejoice that these great examples from Hollywood's golden period are at long last seeing the light of day on home video where they justly belong. Another 'go for broke' month for me. I'll be ordering the whole WAC new-to-Blu line-up. And can't wait either. And my March titles haven't even arrived from them yet. More Thin Man - WOW! And Annie Get Your Gun too!!!!

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I got the Amazon HD Digital version. Looks Great. Will be getting this New 4K Scan Bluray for sure ! :D I hope They Drive By Night will be coming soon to Bluray with a New 4K Scan.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
agree, this is on the list for purchase, would like to see a Goldwyn title make it's way here as well, some kids on the east side, Bogart, Sidney and McCrea.

but seriously another great round of announcements from WA

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
agree, this is on the list for purchase, would like to see a Goldwyn title make it's way here as well, some kids on the east side, Bogart, Sidney and McCrea.

but seriously another great round of announcements from WA
Dead End (1937)...... It's on Amazon Prime. It looks very good in HD !

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
The relatively small and highly compressed HD files used by streaming services are no authentic way to judge whether or not a particular master will serve for a high quality Blu-Ray release. It’s certainly possible, and I have not seen this personally, but it’s a factor to keep in mind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The relatively small and highly compressed HD files used by streaming services are no authentic way to judge whether or not a particular master will serve for a high quality Blu-Ray release. It’s certainly possible, and I have not seen this personally, but it’s a factor to keep in mind.
It doesn't matter with "Each Dawn I Die" because this upcoming BD will be derived from a new Master/Scan.

Maxman43

Agent
Real Name
Bill

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks