What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Crossfire (1947) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
1612214910574.png

NEW 2021 1080p HD Master Sourced from 4k Scan of Original Camera Negative!

CROSSFIRE (1947)
Run Time 85:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Commentary by Film Historians Alain Silver and James Ursini, with Audio Interview Excerpts of Director Edward Dmytryk; Featurette "Crossfire: Hate Is Like A Gun"

Years of police work have taught Detective Finlay that where there’s crime, there’s motive. But he finds no usual motive when investigating a man’s death by beating. The man was killed because he was a Jew. “Hate,” Finlay says, “is like a gun.” Robert Young portrays Finlay, Robert Mitchum is a laconic army sergeant assisting in the investigation of G.I. suspects, and Robert Ryan plays a vicious bigot in a landmark film noir nominated for five Academy Awards®, including Best Picture. Edward Dmytryk (Murder, My Sweet) directs, draping the genre’s stylistic backdrops and flourishes around a topic rarely before explored in films: anti-Semitism in the U.S. Here, Hollywood takes aim at injustice...and catches bigotry in a Crossfire.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Im getting this one for sure. I wonder how they decide what title they decide to upgrade ? Why not The Narrow Margin or Clash By Night ? Maybe they are still coming ?

ponset

Supporting Actor
Real Name
scott
Nice cover art. Day one purchase for me.

Too bad they didn't include the SUSPENSE radio play of CROSSFIRE.
Robert Young, Robert Mitchum, and Robert Ryan all recreate their screen roles.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Warner Archive seems to be on a Robert Mitchum spree. We've had Blood On The Moon, Holiday Affair and Rachel And The Stranger recently. As he's a special favorite of mine, I'm delighted.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
It looks like March 16th is going to be the release date based on Amazon's link that hasn't gone live yet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Anyone named Robert is bound to be drawn to its triple-threat cast.;)
:laugh: Yeah, it's weird seeing the top three male actors in the movie named "Robert".
And if you were British and wanted to purchase this Blu, how many "Bobs" would this disc be worth to you?:cool:

BTW, "Crossfire" gets a definite Day One from me. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
And if you were British and wanted to purchase this Blu, how many "Bobs" would this disc be worth to you?:cool:

BTW, "Crossfire" gets a definite Day One from me. :thumbs-up-smiley:
The devil you say ... lets turn to Webster

Meanwhile, we should probably be reviewing the situation regarding Crossfire ;)
1613589948443.png

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maumock