What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Blood on the Moon (1948) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
New 2020 1080p master from 4K scan of original camera negative!
BLOOD ON THE MOON (1948)
Run Time 93:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50
Extra Content: Theatrical Trailer (SD)

Director Robert Wise is at the helm as Robert Mitchum, Robert Preston, and Barbara Bel Geddes star in this taut Western thriller about a gunslinging drifter who realizes he’s been hired to be a villain. Out on the Texas frontier, Jim Garry (Mitchum) rides into town, quickly getting caught in a simmering confrontation between homesteaders and cattle ranchers. After accepting employment from an old mercenary friend, Tate Riling (Preston), Garry comes to realize that Riling has been manipulating the tensions between rancher John Lufton (Tom Tully) and the local settlers in a bid to swindle the Luftons out of their livestock. Garry becomes torn between his conscience and his greed until he finds himself falling for John Lufton’s daughter, the formidable Amy (Bel Geddes). Soon, the two old friends will face off in a bloody showdown from which only one will leave alive. Based on the novel Gunman’s Chance by Luke Short.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Wow, for me these announcements are the best ever single month of WAC Blu releases! I want them all. We're really getting more of the best early Robert Mitchum RKO films now...after getting so many of his best latter day films in the last few years from WAC, Criterion, KL and Shout...I always loved that world weary hangdog look, which I'm now aspiring to in my own old age, ha, ha...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Apart from the Barbara Bel Geddes bit, both as written and as acted, this is a great movie, dark, sour and sullen. Walter Brennan's remark after he has helped Mitcham is a classic. The DVD has very poor images so a Warner Archive Blu-ray disc is more than welcome. I did not see this one coming so I'm astonished as well as delighted.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apart from the Barbara Bel Geddes bit, both as written and as acted, this is a great movie, dark, sour and sullen. Walter Brennan's remark after he has helped Mitcham is a classic. The DVD has very poor images so a Warner Archive Blu-ray disc is more than welcome. I did not see this one coming so I'm astonished as well as delighted.
I liked Barbara Bel Geddes in this movie, even more so than in "Vertigo".

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I liked Barbara Bel Geddes in this movie, even more so than in "Vertigo".
I know it takes all sorts etc. and that we all have different tastes but I'm surprised. As this disc is likely to introduce Blood On The Moon to a new audience, it will be interesting to see how other people respond to her.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know it takes all sorts etc. and that we all have different tastes but I'm surprised. As this disc is likely to introduce Blood On The Moon to a new audience, it will be interesting to see how other people respond to her.
What’s your problem with her in Blood on the Moon?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im sure the Blu ray will easily surpass what I streamed today, I cant wait to see how this looks compared what Amazon is using for streaming the film !

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Im sure the Blu ray will easily surpass what I streamed today, I cant wait to see how this looks compared what Amazon is using for streaming the film !
A difference in night and day. I have an old UK DVD that came out in 2011, as I'm sure it's going to pale in comparison to this upcoming BD release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A difference in night and day. I have an old UK DVD that came out in 2011, as I'm sure it's going to pale in comparison to this upcoming BD release.
Man, I literally had tears in my eyes watching this new Blu-ray of "Blood on the Moon". I don't have time now to get into details, but WA did a fantastic job on this Blu-ray.:thumbsup: Just a great looking video presentation with an audio presentation that's top notch too. In the trash goes that 2011 UK DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, I literally had tears in my eyes watching this new Blu-ray of "Blood on the Moon". I don't have time now to get into details, but WA did a fantastic job on this Blu-ray.:thumbsup: Just a great looking video presentation with an audio presentation that's top notch too. In the trash goes that 2011 UK DVD.
My mini-review can be found here.

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Finally, after wanting this title since Warner Archive started, watched it last night, it looks great. Thanks Warner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks