Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 10.01.59 AM.png

NEW 2020 1080p HD MASTER FROM 4K SCAN OF ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE!

BEAU BRUMMELL (1954)

Run Time 113:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Spec DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.75:1, 16 X 9
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50

“A bit ornate. Fussy, sir,” Captain “Beau” Brummell (Stewart Granger) complains to the designer of his regiment’s uniform…who just happens to be the Prince of Wales (Peter Ustinov). It’s an unlikely beginning to a great friendship, one that leads swordsman and dandy Brummell into lofty circles, royal intrigue and the arms of lovely Lady Patricia (Elizabeth Taylor). Filled with zest and style, highlighted by opulent costumes and glorious color photography, Beau Brummell is a treat for fans of historical epics. Granger (Scaramouche) is dashing, Taylor is ravishing, but Ustinov and Robert Morley almost steal the show as the future George IV of England and his mad papa, George III.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:
Reactions: Darby67

richardburton84

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Jack
I have actually never seen this movie, though I’ve had the score by Richard Addinsell and Miklós Rózsa for some time as part of a box set of Rózsa’s MGM repertoire. Anyone recommend this movie? Also, not trying to be that kind of person, but I’m hoping we’ll eventually get The Prisoner of Zenda on Blu-ray eventually, either version (currently have the Ronald Colman version recording on the DVR).

Billy Batson

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Alan
I haven't seen it for decades (sixties?), but I remember that it's a lot of fun, with Stewart Granger camping it up as Beau Brummell. I do feel that Warner aimed at Scaramouche, but the ball swerved at the last minute & hit Beau Brummell, but I'm buying it, & I'm sure it'll look great.

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Andy Budgell
WOW!!!!!!

I'm truly flabbergasted that this is coming. Beau Brummell has always been one of my favourites, and I hoped that WAC would get around to releasing it but, to be honest, never held much hope that they would.

Thank you, WAC! You've completely made my day.

Last edited:

gjn123

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
Alas! The Granger Scaramouche still unreleased on Blu ray, but this stodgy, gabby dull melodrama get the nod. At least, I remember it as being lovely to look at with Liz at the peak of her beauty. Hoe about HELEN OF TROY, IVANHOE, THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1948), KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE or even QUENTIN DURWARD. I haven't given up hope for the others yet.

Thomas T

Producer
Reaction score
Crikey! An exciting new announcement for an MGM film with Elizabeth Taylor that was never released on laser disc or DVD and in a spiffy new transfer in its original aspect ratio and we're already getting the usual "Still no Fill In The Blank" or "I'd have preferred Fill In The Blank". Ah, Warner! No good deed goes unpunished. :( Give them salad and they want soup, give them pie and they want cake. Ya can't win!

bujaki

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'll take this! I just wish WAC had included, as a bonus, a remastered version of the original with John Barrymore and Mary Astor, which I remember watching at MoMA before the world was created. I do own the old WAC version of the silent film; I guess that'll suffice.

AnthonyClarke

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony
Good to see James Stewart in one of his better roles. At least, that was his real name till he thought it might conflict with a slightly better known American actor.
I remember the film reasonably well .. .lightweight but a bit of fun.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I'm Hoping for ....Ivanhoe, Knights of the Round Table, Quentin Durward, Helen of Troy, or Land of the Pharaohs. I am Not holding my breath !
I'd buy ALL of those titles and send more copies as gifts to classic loving friends. Keeping fingers crossed that they do put them out someday and this gives me hope. WB Archives is sure surprising me with this new batch and I really applaud them for these wonderful gifts. Didn't believe they'd do it for the classic fans, but they did. Hooray!

Last edited:

Robin9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Robin
WOW!!!!!!

I'm truly flabbergasted that this is coming. Beau Brummell has always been one of my favourites, and I always hoped that WAC would get around to releasing it but, to be honest, never held much hope that it would.

Thank you, WAC! You've completed made my day.
Andrew, I couldn't agree more; I couldn't have put it better!

Oh, by the way: I'm pleased too! :)

Arthur Powell

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Arthur
I have never seen this film, but I have seen the 1924 version and didn't care much for it. That in of itself is surprising because normally I'm a big John Barrymore fan. Stewart Granger and Elizabeth Taylor normally don't do much for me, but I usually enjoy Robert Morley and Peter Ustinov. I'll try to catch the 1952 version the next time that TCM plays it to see if I want to pick up the WAC blu.

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
Two for me (DODSWORTH & BEAU BRUMMELL) this month. Guess there will only be three announcements for March.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
santosbunha