What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Bachelor in Paradise (1961) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1617671234602.png

BACHELOR IN PARADISE (1961) New 2021 1080p HD Master sourced from 4k scan of Original Camera Negative.

Run Time 109:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs STEREO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 16X9 Lettrbox, 2.35:1
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Feature: Theatrical Trailer.

America was sprawling away from Main Street, transforming into a nation of bedroom communities within easy commute of the office. But what’s going on in those bedrooms? Bob Hope intends to find out when he plays a Bachelor in Paradise. Always quick with a quip, Hope portrays Arthur J. Niles, noted author of books that offer worldly advice while documenting the lifestyles and love lives of various cultures. His newest study: Paradise Village, a rambling new suburb in Southern California’s San Fernando Valley. Lana Turner, in her only screen teaming with the comedy legend, portrays the stylish unmarried femme who works in the tract’s sales office. Looks like paradise may lose a bachelor but gain a comedy. 16x9 Letterbox

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
More Lana! Hooray! For a long time, my one real reservation about the Warner Archive Blu-ray project was their lack of respect/enthusiasm for the great female stars such as Lana, Greer Garson, Bette Davis, Esther Williams, Elizabeth Taylor etc. In recent months that seems to have changed . . . . very much for the better.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Not related to Bachelor in Paradise--well, tangentially since Lana Turner is in both--, but why would anyone look askance at the other woman in The Three Musketeers when you had Turner or Lansbury in the film?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Not related to Bachelor in Paradise--well, tangentially since Lana Turner is in both--, but why would anyone look askance at the other woman in The Three Musketeers when you had Turner or Lansbury in the film?
Because some guys like the girl next door instead of blonde tarts :D

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Because some guys like the girl next door instead of blonde tarts :D
Gentlemen prefer blondes (although redheads are my weakness). And I know a story about Allyson (not to divulged here since it has nothing to do with her performances) that fit your description of blondes. Her private life was her own; her performances are for everyone to admire or dislike.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Gentlemen prefer blondes (although redheads are my weakness). And I know a story about Allyson (not to divulged here since it has nothing to do with her performances) that fit your description of blondes. Her private life was her own; her performances are for everyone to admire or dislike.
If you're referring to her affair with Alan Ladd, that's well known. Ladd fell in love with her during the making of The McConnell Story and went so far as to tell husband Dick Powell, "I'm in love with your wife!". Powell merely sighed and said, "Everyone is in love with my wife!".

I was referring, of course, not to Turner and Lansbury personally but to the characters they played in the film. Lansbury's adulterous wife and Turner's homicidal femme fatale.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
If you're referring to her affair with Alan Ladd, that's well known. Ladd fell in love with her during the making of The McConnell Story and went so far as to tell husband Dick Powell, "I'm in love with your wife!". Powell merely sighed and said, "Everyone is in love with my wife!".

I was referring, of course, not to Turner and Lansbury personally but to the characters they played in the film. Lansbury's adulterous wife and Turner's homicidal femme fatale.
I know that you were referring to the characters played by the blondes.
No, my story about Allyson has nothing to do with her film career or any actors. It occurred after the Powells had left Hollywood.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks