What's new

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
After the original, my favorite has always been The Thin Man Goes Home.

Despite the deterioration of Nora's character in that one (honestly, there are more than a few times that she's painted as just a few steps above an idiot) I've always loved it, too. It manages to create a very cozy and comfortable small town murder mystery feel and a world in which I wouldn't mind spending some time. It always plays like MURDER FINDS ANDY HARDY and it's so much fun. It's not really true to the spirit of Hammett's characters to have them juxtaposed into that world but it works very well in spite of (or perhaps because of?) that. I do find myself going back to that one more than almost all of the others.

Last edited:

Arthur Powell

Second Unit
Real Name
Arthur
Despite the deterioration of Nora's character in that one (honestly, there are more than a few times that she's painted as just a few steps above an idiot) I've always loved it, too. It manages to create a very cozy and comfortable small town murder mystery feel and a world in which I wouldn't mind spending some time. It always plays like MURDER FINDS ANDY HARDY and it's so much fun. It's not really true to the spirit of Hammett's characters to have them juxtaposed into that world but it works very well in spite of (or perhaps because of?) that. I do find myself going back to that one more than almost all of the others.

Being filmed on the same Carvel street backlot set certainly helped there.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was able to detect the identities of the killers in After the Thin Man and The Thin Man Goes Home when I watched them for the first time. The others I was far, far away from the correct killer. I really love each of them for different reasons: some because of the supporting cast, some because of the twisty plots, some because of the humor. But they all have great rewatchability for me.

JoelA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt

I agree with this assessment and I think it's the funniest of all in the series.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Seeing this thread was such a nice surprise. I was afraid that the blu of the first film would end up as a one-and-done, so I'm very happy with the news of this release. I just hope sales for this are good since it would be nice to someday have all 6 films on blu.

My only disappointment with this announcement is that, based on the listing of special features, this time we won't get an episode of the TV series. Since I doubt WAC will ever release a complete series set, I'd hoped we would continue to get at least one episode per film release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rabidcatfan