What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: After The Thin Man (1936) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
after.png

NEW 2021 1080p HD master from 4K scan of best surviving preservation elements

AFTER THE THIN MAN
Run Time 112:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color B&W
Disc Configuration BD 50

SPECIAL FEATURES: Lux Radio Theater broadcast (6/17/1940) with William Powell and Myrna Loy, Leo is On the Air-Vintage MGM radio promo, Vintage MGM short “How to be a Detective” with Robert Benchley, Classic MGM cartoon “The Early Bird and the Worm”; Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

They’re back, and this time on Blu-ray! William Powell and Myrna Loy returned to their roles from the 1934 smash hit THE THIN MAN for this second of five sequels to the original.,,,and now it’s appearing in HD for the very first time! It’s New Year’s Eve, Nick and Nora Charles have returned to the West Coast, and the philandering hubby of Nora’s cousin has gone missing. Round up the unusual suspects. The stars (including the four-footed one!), writers and director of The Thin Man reunite for a giddy second comedy whodunit. Myrna Loy is Nora, who by all accounts doesn’t scold, doesn’t nag and looks far too pretty in the morning. William Powell is Nick, retired from sleuthing but hardly retiring when it comes to a case more scrambled than the 3 A.M. eggs he whips up. And rising star James Stewart leads a tip-top supporting cast. “This is a fine way to start the New Year,” Nick says, as he springs Nora from lockup. Indeed, it is!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Well, I don't think that's going to happen now with this second release. They might release a box set after all six have been released.
Yeah, I know... I had to get it off my chest... ;)

I'll purchase them no matter how they dribble out because they're favorites... I just don't like waiting over a year between releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I know... I had to get it off my chest... ;)

I'll purchase them no matter how they dribble out because they're favorites... I just don't like waiting over a year between releases.
I don't like waiting because I don't know how much time I have left on this earth.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Well, I don't think that's going to happen now with this second release. They might release a box set after all six have been released.

I think they said during one of their podcasts around the time the first movie came out that future installments were dependent on sales figures, that they wanted to do them all but that they were going to need to hit certain goals in order to justify continuing with the series. Hopefully the second will sell enough to enable the release of the third, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks