What's new

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Most definitely a problem with the 4 for $44 Sale, at least at this point. I just chose five items
from the provided list, but only one came up as $11.00. Ah well, several days to get this fixed.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
You're including DVDs, aren't you? I'm sure Meet Me In Las Vegas has not come out on Blu-ray disc.
I just watched Meet Me in Las Vegas for the first time the other night, and I had no idea the film was littered with quite a few uncredited cameos. It certainly kept me entertained to see who would be popping up next!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Most definitely a problem with the 4 for $44 Sale, at least at this point. I just chose five items
from the provided list, but only one came up as $11.00. Ah well, several days to get this fixed.

Still having trouble, but WBSHOP is on the job fixing things.

Anyway I also found different browsers are handling the sale page very differently. My Chrome is missing all the filters and isn't working, Firefox seems to be allowing various choice.

Direct links to the BD and DVD section filtered by release date if that makes it easier for some

DVDs
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...-dvd?sort_by=created-descending&collection=48

BDs
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...-ray?collection=48&sort_by=created-descending

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Still having trouble, but WBSHOP is on the job fixing things.

Anyway I also found different browsers are handling the sale page very differently. My Chrome is missing all the filters and isn't working, Firefox seems to be allowing various choice.

Direct links to the BD and DVD section filtered by release date if that makes it easier for some

DVDs
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...-dvd?sort_by=created-descending&collection=48

BDs
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...-ray?collection=48&sort_by=created-descending
Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to separate the Blu-rays. I know now!

Reactions: PMF

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I couldn't figure it out either until a post in the Deals Thread mentioned his filters were working -- it dawned on me I;ve been having trouble with WBShop for weeks and it might be a browser thing. FF cleared things up nicely. it might be time to rotate back to them after 6 months with Opera and 8 months with Chrome after a few years with FF. maybe they've got their memory and speed issues fixed.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The sales titles appear to be working as intended now.

No July or August releases, no Superman Extended, but the 2018 Jan-June titles are ringing up $11 now

EDIT: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers also excluded.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Suspicion
Dolores Claiborne
The Wrong Man
Brigadoon
Designing Woman

Thanks, David for those easy-to-click links to filter the sales titles.

No problem placing my order for those five titles.

M90GM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JUSTIN
I just saw that Warner Archive is releasing a Blu-ray of The Last Hunt, a western I have never heard of. When Warner has so much great stuff that has not been released on Blu-ray, some of which must have elements in good shape, why release something like this? What's up with that?

You are right - strange choice - it was not a success - but maybe if the elements enable a brilliant pic and good 5.1 sound it might be credible.
But I have given up finding reason in the releasing pattern of Warner and most - Twilight Time are releasing many Cinemascope Fox titles but not all the biggest and most accalimed titles however...3 Coins
Well I'm not sure about that. Of course old movies are a niche product, & science fiction/horror/cult films will always sell okay (& maybe westerns too), but releasing titles like, Hell On Frisco Bay, The Loved One, The Rounders & Beyond A Reasonable Doubt tells me that Warner aren't all that bothered about sales figures. And outside of John Wayne, The Marx Brothers, Humphry Bogart & (maybe) Errol Flynn, big stars of yesterday don't count for much these days. It's just that all the time Warner sits on a large number of classic films and releases a lot of films that even some old film fans haven't even heard of, they're going to come in for some criticism, Warner should think of it as customer feedback.

You are correct...it does not make sense...and George Feltenstein was the "keeper" of the M-G-M library with real passion but somehow his "beloved" library is now lost amongst the very old that few must really want to buy and the current wave of schlock.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
You're including DVDs, aren't you? I'm sure Meet Me In Las Vegas has not come out on Blu-ray disc.

Only DVDs. None of those titles were Blu-ray. I'm sorry, I should have clarified that. I'll edit my post. Thank you.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The sales titles appear to be working as intended now.

No July or August releases, no Superman Extended, but the 2018 Jan-June titles are ringing up $11 now
Also no Seven Brides, so apparently 2-disc editions are never going to be part of the 4 for $44 sales.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Also no Seven Brides, so apparently 2-disc editions are never going to be part of the 4 for $44 sales.

Just noticed that. I thought I had checked all the 1st half 2018 titles. but there's always one outlier somewhere. That does appear to be one Pre-July exception for 2018 titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can't really blame them for wanting to get a few months at full price before putting new releases on sale. I'll wait until Monday to place an order, just in case they suddenly decide to add the July or even August titles!
I'm not a fan of that company that markets Warner Archive titles.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I will admit I end up getting most of my WAC from the BN 40% sales. With various deals I can usually buy them lower than teh 4/44 deal esp now that WBShop is back to charging sales tax in a large number of states.

The June sale I cleared pretty much through June. the December sale I tend to concentrate more on the TV boxset since that's about the only time you can get most of them less than less the $16-18. With seemingly more TV showing up via WAC it's very limiting when you can get a deal on them (Shameless S8, Blindpot, Young Sheldon, and Lethal Weapon now there along with Lucifer and Riverdale.
Unfortunatly iZombie, The 100, and Originals my not be releasing BD versions at all this season.

Occasionally BlowitOutaHere has a group on sale overlapping one of the Ebay 15% or $15 off codes which get the regular movies to around $12-13. .

I'm not a fan of that company that markets Warner Archive titles.

Are you speaking of ARACA or the Bolder Road group. I never figured out if Araca bought WBSHOP or if they just absorbed BR whole. Or prefer to leave the details alone . Choice respected in any case.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
That's why their sales suck!

Oh, I don't know. I just ordered 12 titles, four of which are blu ray. I'd been waiting on those 4 blu ray titles till the next sale. I originally had 70 titles in the cart and had to whittle it down to 12. I'll get the other 58 eventually (as well as blu rays of The Last Hunt, Queen Of Outer Space, Home From The Hill etc..) ... at their next couple of sales. :)

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
And as for "voting" for titles "we" want to see released, voting doesn't equal purchases. Fox tried the voting bit once and never again. Why? It couldn't be because the voted on titles didn't sell, could it? I believe Cavalcade received the most votes in Fox's online poll and got a release but was the rest of the public ready for a creaky old (it probably creaked in 1933!) blu ray of Cavalcade?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
For the 4 for 44 sale I ordered The Wrong Man, I Confess, The Hanging Tree, and Hell on Frisco Bay. Worked fine.

A lot of other movies I wanted to get I realize I have access to through Filmstruck right now, although I'm guessing Filmstruck has older masters for some films, including Night Moves and Gun Crazy. I looked at both those two titles today on Filmstruck and I'd call the picture quality for both of them about a "B-," but the reviews of the new blu-rays suggest a substantially higher pq for them in that format.

Although we all want more titles from WB, the ones they do release are almost always very good to excellent in terms of pq.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks