What's new

Warner Archive: "Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series" on Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just to give some perspective here between Warner Archive and Warner Home Video, while the Archive is touting the white-glove treatment of Jonny Quest, Warner Home Video has quietly released The New Scooby Doo Movies - The (Almost) Comeplete Series on Blu-ray. While the Archive set is 8 to 9 half-hour episodes per disc, the Warner Home Video division is cramming 23 one hour episodes on two discs and also using lossy sound. I would guess the reason the Archive declined to put out TNSDM is because it is incomplete as they couldn't acquire rights to one episode.

likewow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I've noticed during the first episodes' opening credits, Bandit isn't shown looking up and smiling while with Hadji. That must start with later episodes?

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
If you own this Blu-ray release is there any reason to keep the 2004 DVD release?

None. This blu-ray version of Jonny Quest is close to perfection. The only flaw that I could find is a sound effect missing from Pursuit of the Po-Ho. This is very minor in light of the fact that the original dialogue by Race has been restored to the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Here's something any fan of the show should definitely check out, if you haven't already... an epic (2 hrs 22 mins!), and very polished, fan-made documentary, put together over a decade ago, about the making of the original Jonny Quest series--

--And my copy of the new Blu set just arrived in the mail today. Time to soak up some pristine JQ goodness... :cool:

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Just to give some perspective here between Warner Archive and Warner Home Video, while the Archive is touting the white-glove treatment of Jonny Quest, Warner Home Video has quietly released The New Scooby Doo Movies - The (Almost) Comeplete Series on Blu-ray. While the Archive set is 8 to 9 half-hour episodes per disc, the Warner Home Video division is cramming 23 one hour episodes on two discs and also using lossy sound. I would guess the reason the Archive declined to put out TNSDM is because it is incomplete as they couldn't acquire rights to one episode.
Warner Archive didn’t decline it, WHV will not let Warner Archive touch anything that is related to Scooby-Doo as they consider him too popular/relevant of a character. Every Scooby-Doo release to date has been through WHV.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Warner Archive didn’t decline it, WHV will not let Warner Archive touch anything that is related to Scooby-Doo as they consider him too popular/relevant of a character. Every Scooby-Doo release to date has been through WHV.
Yeah, you’re probably right. Though funny thing is, by my judgment WHV has is all backwards. WAC gets all the gems because WHV sees no value in them and meanwhile they put out crap like Scooby-Doo <_<

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh... thought it was bare bones. In the words of Rosanne Roseannadanna... never mind.

LOL! Actually that was Emily Litella (also done by Gilda). Rosanne Roseannadanna always said "It just goes to show ya..."

Right... getting old... thanks.

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one that makes that mistake. I get those two characters confused, and have for a long time, so it ain't just us getting old, Gaston!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And getting back on topic, I need to get this set. Anyone know if WB will be having a sale soon?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
My current Quest for Jonny includes a Belinda, too;
for truly, this is something only WAC can do.:)

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And getting back on topic, I need to get this set. Anyone know if WB will be having a sale soon?

They never really announce their sales though often they have some sort of Summer 4/44 on <=$21.99, single disc, and 90day+ old titles.

6/25/2016
7/12/2017
8/28- 9/3/2018 (overlapping Labor Day weekend)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks