What's new

Warner Archive in 2016. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Someone asked about upcoming TV shows for 2016 on WA Facebook page. No new information on the detective shows but here is what they did comment on (fyi : this isn't all their plans for 2016 just an answer to shows that were specifically asked about):

"We can't commit to dates, but we can say that PARADISE/GUNS OF PARADISE and HONDO are likely to appear, COLT 45, TEMPLE HOUSTON and THE ALASKANS still require additional research regarding potential clearance issues. ROARING 20s, CHARLIE GRACE, and REASONABLE DOUBTS have significant clearance issues which preclude any likely release in the near future."

One thing to note is they definitely have shows classified on different levels as to how severe the clearance issues are. "Additional research needed" sounds very likely to be released where "significant clearance issues" sounds much more up in the air.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, we know that Growing Pains 7, Family Matters 5, and Forever (complete series) are In the initial television lineup for 2016 so far. I do wish Colt 45, the Alaskans, and Temple Houston were further along than where they were.

James

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Randy Korstick said:
Someone asked about upcoming TV shows for 2016 on WA Facebook page. No new information on the detective shows but here is what they did comment on (fyi : this isn't all their plans for 2016 just an answer to shows that were specifically asked about):

"We can't commit to dates, but we can say that PARADISE/GUNS OF PARADISE and HONDO are likely to appear, COLT 45, TEMPLE HOUSTON and THE ALASKANS still require additional research regarding potential clearance issues. ROARING 20s, CHARLIE GRACE, and REASONABLE DOUBTS have significant clearance issues which preclude any likely release in the near future."

One thing to note is they definitely have shows classified on different levels as to how severe the clearance issues are. "Additional research needed" sounds very likely to be released where "significant clearance issues" sounds much more up in the air.
Thanks for the update Randy, I will say I'm a little disappointed here. Was really hoping for some more positive news on the detective shows or more optimism about some non western 60's or 70's stuff but it doesn't appear they have gained much ground on clearances. It also seems those reports on Colt 45 and The Alaskans being emminant this year were premature. Doesn't really sound like they are close to a release on those yet.

Again kind of makes me wonder what new stuff is coming soon. Please pardon me if these Growing Pains and Family Matters releases don't exactly have me jumping for joy

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
David Weicker said:
Good news about Paradise/Guns Of Paradise

Absolutely. I'll buy that one right out of the gate if it's released. I have fond memories of it because it debuted one year before my wife and I were married and it was the first "new" series that was must-see TV in our fledgling home.

Gary "on top of that, it has a Christmas episode" O. :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Hi Frank

The above list was just their reply to specific series that someone asked about it is in no way a complete list of their plans for the year. I'm sure they have many other releases planned hopefully some stuff that we have been waiting for.

Yeah I think we were premature on The Alaskans and Colt. 45 but this is really indicating that they haven't completed their standard clearance checks. Since they cleared all the other WB westerns I'm sure Colt .45 will be cleared fairly easy but it doesn't sound like we will see a release until the second half of the year. The Alaskans could end up being moved to the detective series "significant clearance issues" status since it has a lot of musical numbers but we will have to wait and see.

One thing is clear by this statement "which preclude any likely release in the near future". This tells me never say never with the Archive. Their original mission statement was to release everything in the warner catalog that WHV was not going to release themselves and nothing has changed in this which is why they never give a final answer on something and saying it can't be released because they are continuing to try and clear the show. Things change every year legally with ownership and estates so you never know when a long problematic show like 77 Sunset Strip will suddenly be cleared.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
shoeshineboy said:
Thanks - I'm under the impression that the only chance on getting pressed versions (and I don't think Search would be, but Hamk maybe) is to go thru WA; complicating everything is I'm in Canada but can have it shipped to Blaine. I'll give it a look tho!

For what it's worth (and future reference): you've got the basic info right, but it's not quite that way: if a title is available pressed, the only place where there's a chance you'll get a burnt copy is Amazon. If you order for anywhere else that sells WA titles (from WA themselves, or Deep Discount, for example), you'll get the proper versions. It's only Amazon who have the facilities (and licence) to burn copies themselves.

So, it's not that Warner is the only place to guarantee pressed version, but rather, anywhere except Amazon is the only way to guarantee a pressed version (unless the pressed version has gone OOP).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
Thanks for the update Randy,
Again kind of makes me wonder what new stuff is coming soon. Please pardon me if these Growing Pains and Family Matters releases don't exactly have me jumping for joy
You're not alone on that one, Frank

James

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Not date or year yet but still optimistic news regarding Kaz (1978-79), from WAC;

"There are clearance issues that currently preclude a release of KAZ. We hope to resolve these and release this fine series at some point".

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Like I said never say never with Warner Archive. Their mission statement when they started in 2009 was to eventually release everything that Warners owns that WHV was not going to release. This may not ever happen completely but that is still the goal so they are still working towards everything but they have a ton of stuff to release yet when you include, movies, tv and animation. Some of the titles take awhile to re-master or locate good prints/complete episodes, etc. And other shows have music clearance issues that take a long time.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
bretmaverick2 said:
My own update!!!
Per their Fbook page, as I again asked about YM, "Patience pays off! A release is on the horizon". - the response gives a bit more info but I'll take that as good news
I share your joy Bret.

James

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Sorry that "Alaskans" isn't as imminent as I would have hoped since that is the only other western I'll blind buy (no interest in Lawman or any of the other non-released Warner Westerns). Wish we could see momentum on the final season of Dr. Kildare which I'm sure had music headaches just like S4 did. At the moment the only blind buy titles for me would be certain 60s-80s shows that are *not* westerns.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I'll go for COLT .45 when its released.

Half of what makes all these WB westerns interesting is the behind the scenes drama that went on.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
I know it's wishful thinking on my part but I would love to see a release of the detectives staring Robert Taylor, great show , great cast , needs an American release.

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
High on my wish list is the TV Series BRONK (1975) starring Jack Palance.

Superb Lalo Schifrin Main title music and great Main Credits editing / montage too.

This show is a real gem.

I also would love to see the THEN CAME BRONSON (1969) One Season TV Series

with Michael Parks released. I don't know if there are still music clearance issues with this one

or if it already is in the Warner Archive pipeline for future release ...

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Since I love Tina Cole, I'd like to see action on the Hawaiian Eye front at long last.

Of course My Three Sons would top my wishlist, but Warner doesn't have anything to do with that one. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks