What's new

Warner Archive in 2016. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Keeping up hope for Chips Season 5 to come out still this year and Season 6 to finish up the series in March 2017
Other than Chips 99 Warner Archive has never released Chips they have all come from WHV retail releases. Its possible that they could release the remaining seasons through the Archive but I have not seen any announcements on that.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. I'll take a few guesses. a HB cartoon either the Banana Splits or the new Adventures of Gulliver,
Possibly Wanda at Large season 2, Maybe the Guns of Paradise or Hondo. Three

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
As they finish these, it would be so nice if they would cycle in more multi season shows that we have been waiting for forever. Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, or Knot's Landing anyone? How about Chico and the Man from WHV?

It seems to me that it could be worthwhile for WB Archives to at least push harder for some reasonable agreement with ASCAP or BMI or whomever deals with the 1950's music used in 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6 and/or Hawaiian Eye. The Shulman family finally cut a deal with Shout over Dobie Gillis. Don't the rights owners get that whatever percentage of zero is still zero? Or maybe I just don't understand ignorant greed. I certainly don't with the damned Michener brats and Adventures in Paradise.

Last edited:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Even though it was mostly a tedious chore to slog through punctuated by about four good episodes, I still want to see the final season of "The Eleventh Hour" soon just to finish that and see the conclusion of the S3 Kildare episode that crossed-over.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys, does anyone have a rough guess about how many tv season releases WB Archives have put out so far this year?
James

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I asked WA today on Facebook for an update about MR. NOVAK...got a response only 7 hours later, the "nothing new to report, thanks" response...a couple of years ago it seemed like a hopeful near term release was imminent of season 1, with them saying that 4 episodes still needed clearances, presumably for music...disappointing...I'm more excited for b + w '50s and '60s tv, and the best bet from WA would probably be COLT .45 and THE ALASKANS...I' d be glad to have either of them and ASSIGNMENT VIENNA from the '70s, as that has good old Robert Conrad and the additional virtue of location shooting in cold war era Europe...

I wish the Warner tv vaults could truly bust open past the music clearances roadblock...

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys, does anyone have a rough guess about how many tv season releases WB Archives have put out so far this year?
James

I did a real "rough" estimate, and I'm coming up with about twenty five, and that includes some current tv shows like the 100 in Blu Ray. Do any of you have any other counts that are significantly higher.

James

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Yeah..... Another Family Matters release. Can hardly contain my excitement. What's coming for October? Rushing out Season 2 or Mr. Cooper? Sorry guys but I'm just getting a little frustrated with them. Seems like they have given up on the older stuff and now they are just focusing on 90s stuff.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'm not frustrated any more. I've just gotten to the point where I don't really expect anything outstanding from WB at this point. Classic TV releases from them have slowed to a crawl, so I've put them out of my mind for now.

Then, if something appears that interests me, I'll be surprised.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The Homecoming Pilot film and the first season of The Walton's on blu ray from restored material, presented in OAR and in original night of air running length ;)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Tired of looking at the news feed and seeing nothing but garbage from the 90s to present
Frank, I've asked before to please be cautious in calling stuff "garbage." There are many of us who enjoyed the 90's shows, and they are going into the realm of being classic. Would I prefer Enos or Alice? Sure! I'm not going to knock a family oriented show like Family Matters, a show that should well be considered a classic at this point. No, it's not vintage 50's and 60's, but if sales of Family Matters can provide a revenue stream for Enos or Alice to be released down the road, or the detective shows to come to fruition, I'm certainly all for it!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Hey Ron, I really respect you opinion and we agree on an awful lot especially our love for the still stalled true classic Beverly Hillbillies but on this point we will have to agree to disagree and that should be ok.
I consider a lot of sitcoms from the 90s mindless garbage with Family Matters being the poster child for that eras lack of originality. Poor writing, bad acting... Just plain annoying. Full House is another example of the trash (IMO) that passed for popular sitcoms at that time. I just don't feel that they even belong in the same category as classic sitcoms from the 50s through the early 80s. It's funny how during the rural purge of the early 70s the powers that be thought shows like BH and Gomer Pyle were stupid but had those folks seen what would be passed off as good sitcoms 20 years later, they would have thought BH was Shakespere.
For the record there were some really good well written well acted sitcoms of that era (Frasier, Friends, Seinfeld, etc)........however shows Family Mattersand Hangin With Mr Cooper were not some of them. IMO

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just wanted to say that I will be the first to criticize Neil when he berates another posters likes but I do understand his point in one regard. I don't really get why when one of us calls a show trash or garbage, people come after them like you just shot their dog. I remember when I called Mamas Family garbage a few years back...... You would think that national security was at stake the way people came after me. Sheesh, it's only my opinion it's not a personal attack on anyone. It's just a TV show, not something integral to your well being. And I'm not directing this towards Ron specifically cause we've always got along good in here, just anybody who thinks me criticizing a particular show is a no no.
For the record, RunFor Your Life And Hogans Heroes are my 2 favorite shows. If anyone thinks they are garbage, that's your opinion and it doesn't affect my life or my enjoyment of those shows one iota. It's just free expression and we are entitled to it (or should be) without fear of being berated. Even if your opinion is negative

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks