What's new

Warner Archive in 2016. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
With them on probable yearly holiday hiatus, here's my annual look:

1) Virtual Locks

Medical Center - Seasons 6 and 7

Growing Pains - Final Season

Dr. Kildare - Season 5 (Final Season)

Lawman - Seasons 3 and 4

2) Decent Probablities - Based on rumors out there

Colt 45

Sam Benedict

Hangin With Mr Cooper

The Alaskans

3) Is This Finally The Year? (AKA - Shows mired in rights Hell)

The Detective shows

Enos

Head Of The Class

Knots Landing - Resumed

Alice - Resumed

Falcon Crest - Resumed

Roaring 20's

Chico and The Man (WHV)

4) More One Season "Wonders"

Room For One More

Many Happy Returns

Adams Rib

Then Came Bronson

McClain's Law

So, what will it be????

Blurayfan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
I don't know why Falcon Crest and Alice releases stopped. I thought both were doing well on MOD. I hope both return in 2016.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
So here we go again! New year, new guesses!

I am definitely hoping to see YOUNG MAVERICK and COLT .45 released.

For fans of shows with just a one or two seasons left, I hope you get you final seasons.

I'm just going to keep working on getting more of those westerns that I enjoy so much.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm sure "Alice" stopped due to the fact as the years went by there were more performance type episodes (I remember one with Joel Grey that had about half dozen songs).

For an 80s one-season wonder (technically two but the first season was just four episodes) I'd pick "Goodnight Beantown". Maybe "Private Benjamin" (one full season and two partial ones).

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I am interested in finishing Lawman this year. The only hangup might have been music with all the Peggy Castle songs, but if they could put out season 2 when she entered the cast, can't see why the last two seasons wouldn't make it in 2016.

I've wavered on Kildare season 5 due to the complete change in the final season going to color and switching to a two 30 minute show a week format, but i may be leaning back now to giving it a try. i think it has been delayed long enough and 2016 could be the year for the release of the final season.

I very much enjoyed when Dakotas somewhat surprised with a release last year after hints of its possibility. That makes me think Alaskans could have a shot in 2016. In which case, I would gladly pick it up.

While probably long shots I'm happy to pickup anything with Bill Bixby. I remember Magician, not Goodnight Beantown, but in any case, i would pickup both if ever released.

After that the only remaining interests I would have in the listed titles would be the first couple of season 77 Sunset Strip that were not well represented in the Warner streaming service and possibly Roaring 20's, which I have no knowledge of but sounds interesting.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
What about Mayberry RFD? Is there any chance that the remaining seasons will be released next year?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'll certainly buy Colt .45 and The Alaskans. How about Warner Brothers Presents: Casablanca and King's Row?
I would say Mayberry RFD has a good shot at being turned over to the Archive next year.
I think the Thin Man has a shot at being released next year as well.
Both of those would be great.

Than again so would most of the ones mentioned in the previous 2 or 3 posts .
Alaskans , Room For one More, Colt 45, Roaring 20's etc . We can hope .

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
All I can say is that if they release nothing else next year, if the theme to their only release ends with.....And Poncie Ponce, I'll be one happy man.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I dunno. I didn't expect George Lopez to be finished up within 2015.

Along those lines are the already mentioned Mayberry RFD and CHiPS. But, no, CHiPS just got a release this year, so I don't know if that would be turned over to the Archives so soon.

No one has yet mentioned another WB show mired in music rights hell... The Drew Carey Show. I'd expect that to be licensed out because of all the music, but I guess it's theoretically possible it could finish up through the Archives.

Just looking at a list of WB shows, Just The 10 of Us could theoretically happen after Growing Pains. It was a spin-off, wasn't it? And Life Goes On... is that another music hell show?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The Obsolete Man said:
I dunno. I didn't expect George Lopez to be finished up within 2015.

Along those lines are the already mentioned Mayberry RFD and CHiPS. But, no, CHiPS just got a release this year, so I don't know if that would be turned over to the Archives so soon.

No one has yet mentioned another WB show mired in music rights hell... The Drew Carey Show. I'd expect that to be licensed out because of all the music, but I guess it's theoretically possible it could finish up through the Archives.

Just looking at a list of WB shows, Just The 10 of Us could theoretically happen after Growing Pains. It was a spin-off, wasn't it? And Life Goes On... is that another music hell show?
I always thought Drew Carey would be a great fit for a Time/Life set.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Funny how the Drew Carey Show just completely disappeared off syndication about 5-7 years ago. I figured it might go to Nick at Nite or something but it just vanished off TV.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Frank Soyke said:
Funny how the Drew Carey Show just completely disappeared off syndication about 5-7 years ago. I figured it might go to Nick at Nite or something but it just vanished off TV.

That is kind of odd, considering that was the time frame Drew was most in the spotlight for taking over The Price is Right.

I wonder if music rights expired or something around that time, driving it off TV?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I would say Mayberry RFD has a good shot at being turned over to the Archive next year.
I think the Thin Man has a shot at being released next year as well.
Thin Man is an MGM Television show based on a popular film series. I'd love to see it again.

It makes me wonder if there is any chance for another MGM show based on a popular film series - Father Of The Bride. The original films with Elizabeth Taylor are still popular , as are the Steve Martin re boots.

I think that one of the things that an MOD program should do is look into the feasibility of releasing almost forgotten shows like these .

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Drew Carey Show is being shown these days on an over the air digital sub-channel called LAFF.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Bob Gu said:
The Drew Carey Show is being shown these days on an over the air digital sub-channel called LAFF.

In addition, and this is remains to be just a rumor for now, but Shout! Factory is looking into "The Drew Carey Show"......they responded to their facebook page stating they were seriously looking into this show. I certainly hope this becomes true!!!

Of course "Knots Landing" would be the only other show under the "Warner" umbrella for my holy grail shows......but since they are part of Time-Warner/Star Vista....maybe "Knots" would be a better fit there. I wish Shout! Factory would do "Knots Landing", but they have stated "no plans" for this show. So it's either the Archives or Time Warner/Star Vista for now.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Just the Ten of Us has music issues because of the Lubbock Babes performances, so not sure they will be quick to release it once Growing Pains has been completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks