What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (6 Viewers)

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
That's odd. I threw ten into the basket Thursday night, added the savings code and the total came to $80 plus tax. Maybe I just caught them early.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for answering my question. Same question again, but for the James Caan-directed film Hide in Plain Sight (1980).

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i received 'yolonda and the thief' and 'invitation to the dance' this week. not too bad looking for being un-remastered transfers.

while 'invitation' was a little on the soft side, 'yolonda' looked excellent!

there is some dirt, but not too annoying.

these musicals are definitely 'artsy'.... but i enjoyed them & am glad to have them in my 'musicals' dvd library.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Bob Cashill said:
Someone buy DONDI and release him from last place.)
You know whenever a title makes any kind of all time WORST MOVIE list, I take it almost as a challenge to try and convince myself that its status and reputation may be in doubt. I am more often than not prepared to prove them wrong, with conviction and sincerity, and perhaps even end up adopting said title as at least a minimal variation of a lost classic. But as far as DONDI goes, oh my lord, when it ended I ran from the room and cowered in a corner for hours, softly weeping over the senses I had offended and mortally wounded in watching this utter dreck. There is no all time WORST MOVIE list bad enough to lay claim to it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Point-Blank said:
You know whenever a title makes any kind of all time WORST MOVIE list, I take it almost as a challenge to try and convince myself that its status and reputation may be in doubt. I am more often than not prepared to prove them wrong, with conviction and sincerity, and perhaps even end up adopting said title as at least a minimal variation of a lost classic. But as far as DONDI goes, oh my lord, when it ended I ran from the room and cowered in a corner for hours, softly weeping over the senses I had offended and mortally wounded in watching this utter dreck. There is no all time WORST MOVIE list bad enough to lay claim to it.
I just wanted to shoot the harmonica player and put him out of his misery.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by mdnitoil
That's odd. I threw ten into the basket Thursday night, added the savings code and the total came to $80 plus tax. Maybe I just caught them early.
You caught it early. It's not working now.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
THE LAST DINOSAUR went glitchy on me at about the 48-minute mark but a simple surface cleaning fixed it. The print is a little soft in places but otherwise fine and it's great to have the full version. No trailer (or TV spot in this instance). Quite swiftly sent, too.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
If there's one film I'd like to see released from the WAC, It should be Kona Coast, starring Richard Boone and Vera Miles, a movie about a man in Hawaii who is tracking down somebody who murdered his daughter, particularly after being drugged.Lamont Johnson directed this film, after all, he directed some episodes of Boone's TV western series "Have Gun. Will Travel".

Videonut

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter Milo
Yes, the Last Dinosaur did arrive rather quickly, and what a relief to finally see it the way it was meant to be seen. I threw my EP VHS Edition into the garbage this morning. LOL

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
New tomorrow.

Remastered:

The Unfinished Dance (1947)
While the City Sleeps (1956)
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (1956)

Standard:

The Age of Innocence (1934)
Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina (1997)
The Hunley (1999)
The Day Lincoln Was Shot (1998)

Corey

Screenwriter
I want all those Fritz Lange films. ps- just got my shipment of films from the sale. Think I'll do a double feature of Confessions of A Nazi Spy and Escape.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Corey
I want all those Fritz Lange films. ps- just got my shipment of films from the sale. Think I'll do a double feature of Confessions of A Nazi Spy and Escape.
Damn good double feature. Add a couple of Joe McDoakes shorts and you got it made.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
PR I received yesterday indicates that HOLD ON! (Herman's Hermits) and MARLOWE (James Garner) are Archive-bound in remastered editions this April or May, along with the musical ATHENA and KONGO with Walter Huston.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill
PR I received yesterday indicates that HOLD ON! (Herman's Hermits) and MARLOWE (James Garner) are Archive-bound in remastered editions this April or May, along with the musical ATHENA and KONGO with Walter Huston.
And I was hoping that my wallet could get a rest. I guess not. Great news on HOLD ON. Hope the other Hermit movies are coming out at the same time, MRS. BROWN YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAUGHTER and WHERE THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS. ATHENA will make a lot of Debbie Reynolds fans happy. And you can never get enough James Garner.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I'm starting to think that the best way to get these movies is waiting about a year, then pick 'em up from another country like England or Italy. The prices aren't coming down at WAC (or the others), and it's getting more and more difficult to justify MOD releases when other, smaller markets are ok with releasing them pressed. Heck, even ROLLING THUNDER is getting a blu-ray release (thanks, MGM...). I originally supported this MOD thing, too.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill
I'm surprised how long it took to get Marlowe out on dvd . Glad to hear it will be remastered .

Also happy to see a 60s rock film coming . I hope that means more to come .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks