What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (2 Viewers)

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Oops - sorry for the repeat link. Funny thing is, 6:40 pm pst when i read this topic, his comment wasn't up!?! Time to do the time-warp again (with toast, no ritz crackers)

Jeff<>

Grip
I really hope WB Archive does not let us horror fans down in October. There are so many more genre titles in their vaults waiting to be released (Night School, Two on a Guillotine, The Awakening, Murder by Phone, The Pack, Deadly Eyes...to name some) and I know that I'm not alone in wanting to own them.
PLEASE do not let us down WB!

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by MattH. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is where MR. TERRIFIC could go, too.
I would rather pay for a region 1 set of Mr Terrific than the one sold in Germany.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Who has the rights to the show Midnight Caller with Gary Cole? Would love to see this released in any form..and since I'm, on Gary Cole...why the hell is Son of the Morning Star not out on DVD, who has that?

I'm for any obscure short lived TV shows on the archive..

Jobla

Supporting Actor
There are some good horror titles in the Allied Artists library, such as THE HYPNOTIC EYE, that would be fun to see released for Halloween. Ditto some Warner library titles, such as PHANTOM OF THE RUE MORGUE and TWO ON A GUILLOTINE. If FROM HELL IT CAME sold well, hopefully the Archives will pick other titles from the Allied Artists library. I'm tempted to add MACABRE as a request, but it's not really a fun picture.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see the Allied Artists picture THE DESERT RAVEN, although it appears to be more "western noir" than horror or mystery. I've never seen that film.

I'd also like THE COUCH (1962, Warner), which was a Blake Edwards adaptation of horror scribe Robert Bloch's book.

MACABARE might be a good release, given that sony is releasing a William Castle box shortly before Halloween.

Charles H

Screenwriter
DDED as "Pre-books" this morning: THE JOE McDOAKES COLLECTION, GEORGE WHITE'S SCANDALS, FLYING HIGH, EVERYBODY SING, ROSALIE, and for $40 "The Stars of THE WIZARD OF OZ" for $39.95 (SCANDALS with Hamilton and Haley; ROSALIE with Morgan and Bolger; FLYING HIGH with Lahr; EVERYBODY SING with Garland and Burke.)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. But i noticed that deep discount is now carrying archive titles.But for 23.88 ea.Ouch! They do seem to have alot of titles.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Charles H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DDED as "Pre-books" this morning: THE JOE McDOAKES COLLECTION, GEORGE WHITE'S SCANDALS, FLYING HIGH, EVERYBODY SING, ROSALIE, and for $40 "The Stars of THE WIZARD OF OZ" for $39.95 (SCANDALS with Hamilton and Haley; ROSALIE with Morgan and Bolger; FLYING HIGH with Lahr; EVERYBODY SING with Garland and Burke.)
Also included with these films is Season 1 of the 11th Hour, the first TV show in the Archive for $35.
Its a bit disappointing that a Garland film is in the archive as I thought there was going to be a Garland promotion with the unreleased Garland films on pressed DVD when A Star Is Born is released in blu-ray next year.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Garysb
Also included with these films is Season 1 of the 11th Hour, the first TV show in the Archive for $35.
Its a bit disappointing that a Garland film is in the archive as I thought there was going to be a Garland promotion with the unreleased Garland films on pressed DVD when A Star Is Born is released in blu-ray next year.
I too am disappointed about Everybody Sing in the Archives, but since the Blu-ray release of The Wizard of Oz and the other three films have actors that also appeared in The Wizard of Oz, it seems the WA is haveing a bit of promotional fun. I still have hope for the remainder of Garland's films to hit a box set and her Hardy pictures also get a pressed box set in a Hardy Family Collection.

Corey

Screenwriter
Still waiting for WB to put the Kate Hepburn, Liz Taylor, and Hedy Lamarr films in a set.

Jeff<>

Grip
I am VERY dissapointed (and surprised) that there are no horror titles in this new wave. This is the month to do it and Warner has plenty of content to post so this seems like a no-brainer.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Jeff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am VERY dissapointed (and surprised) that there are no horror titles in this new wave. This is the month to do it and Warner has plenty of content to post so this seems like a no-brainer.
I am not sure they are finished announcing for this coming Tuesday (10/6). They usually give about 12 to 15 titles each week and so far there are only 6. I think the older musicals are part of a Wizard of Oz promo and since the Blu-ray was released last Tuesday, they wanted to get these titles up quickly.
I do think we will see more titles Tuesday and I hope, along with you, we got some good horror and mystery titles coming.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Two sci-fi TV films courtesy of Gene Roddenberry are also up for pre-order at the archives. GENESIS II (1973) with Alex Cord and Mariette Hartly about a scientist who wakes up from suspended animation in the year 2133 where a battle between the good Pax and the mutant Tyranians rages and its sequel PLANET EARTH (1974) with John Saxon, Janet Margolin and Diana Muldaur about a planet ruled by women with men as slaves.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Finally, the McDoakes shorts. I'll certainly be picking them up. Great price for them as well.

Hopefully the Crime Does Not Pay series will follow.

Jeff<>

Grip
You've given me hope Allen - thanks :)

Warner is usually pretty good at delivering in that genre dept (I mean they did give us "The Twisted Terror Collection" which housed a lot of fun, obscure stuff) so I'm ready and willing to eat my words if they come through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks