What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
ahollis said:
My Grant/Chinook disc says Volume 2. I'm not able to spin it until late tonight so I will assume its correct.
The problematic discs have the right Vol 2 disc art, but contain the Vol 1 movies. When you can, load up the menu to see if it has the right movies.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoHud said:
The problematic discs have the right Vol 2 disc art, but contain the Vol 1 movies. When you can, load up the menu to see if it has the right movies.
Thanks I will later tonight.Edit: checked it and it has the correct titles on it. Living right I guess.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
There are four movies left in the Kirby Grant & Chinook series. I read online somewhere that the last title in the series, YUKON VENGEANCE, is not owned by Warners, because years ago it was sold to NTA/Republic. If that is true, I guess that means it may be with Paramount.

Has the WB Archive Facebook confirmed this? I was hoping for all four remaining movies on Vol. 3.

Looked up Chinook at IMDB. Chinook was "The White Shadow" in the Disney Mickey Mouse Club serial: "Corky and the White Shadow". I think I spotted him, or a relative, on an episode of "Tales Of Wells Fargo" or maybe it was "Bat Masterson"?

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Bob Gu said:
There are four movies left in the Kirby Grant & Chinook series. I read online somewhere that the last title in the series, YUKON VENGEANCE, is not owned by Warners, because years ago it was sold to NTA/Republic. If that is true, I guess that means it may be with Paramount.

Has the WB Archive Facebook confirmed this? I was hoping for all four remaining movies on Vol. 3.
Back in the '70s and '80s, I worked at a PBS station and later a local cable outlet and programmed films from the NTA library and we did include YUKON VENGEANCE as one of our B-western series features. It's a shame that it will probably not be released as it is my favorite of the series with stunt great David Sharpe doubling Kirby Grant and former Republic B-western star Monte Hale as the bad guy. If anyone would be releasing this, it would be Olive Films probably and it's not included on Olive's future release list.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks for confirming that NTA connection, Mr Bailey. Maybe the WB Archive can still make a deal to get YUKON VENGEANCE.

David Sharpe also doubled mounties in the Republic mountie serials and the Renfrew series. I wonder if he had his own mountie outfit?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Are there any current coupon codes for Warner Archive titles? I'd like to purchase a couple Jack Benny films and possibly others.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
AHEAD OF TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT....

Warner Archive Collection New Releases http://l.email-warnerbros.com/1x1.dyn?0nEGgqr-C-XlGh230TV6begxU=0
wac-new-release-9-24_30_01.jpg
WARNER ARCHIVE HOMENEW RELEASESBESTSELLING DVDsFORWARD TO A FRIEND
wac-new-release-9-24_30_01.jpg
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-1-28_04.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
DR. KILDARE, THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (1962-63) America’s favorite intern, Dr. James Kildare (Richard Chamberlain), returns in the second season of his smash hit NBC series alongside mentor Dr. Leonard Gillespie (Raymond Massey). Thanks to Chamberlain’s and Massey’s able embodiment of the characters originally made famous by Lew Ayres and Lionel Barrymore, Dr. Kildare soared to smash hit heights. Adding sizzle to the second season is a scorcher of a special full color episode, “The Burning Sky”, with guest star Robert Redford playing an arrogant medical student who loses his nerve during a raging forest fire! Other illustrious guest stars making the rounds of Blair General Hospital in this 34-Episode, 9-Disc Collection include Carroll O’Connor, Peter Falk, Robert Culp, Mary Astor, Gloria Swanson, Bill Bixby, John Cassavetes, and Leonard Nimoy!
spacer.gif
BILL ELLIOTT DETECTIVE MYSTERIES (1955-57) Superstar cowboy actor “Wild Bill” Elliott traded in his boots for gumshoes at Allied Artists for a series of crackling crime dramas playing Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department detective lieutenant Andy Doyle whose dogged determination and canny mind lead him past the obvious suspects to nab the real killers before fade-out. Unhinged war veterans, not-so-innocent blind men, baby racket blackmail, kidnapped cons and careless stranglers all appear in intrepid lieutenant’s case files. Tough guy character actor Don Haggerty appears in the final three films as sidekick Sgt. Mike Duncan. Two disc, Five-film collection includes:
spacer.gif
[font="arial; font-size: 12px; color: #071c21; font-weight:bold"]DIAL RED “0”[/font] (1955) A traumatized vet triggers a citywide manhunt when he goes AWOL from the bughouse and his soon-to-be-ex-wife gets bumped off. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[font="arial; font-size: 12px; color: #071c21; font-weight:bold"]SUDDEN DANGER[/font] (1955) Lt. Andy investigates a suspicious suicide and the prime suspect is a blind man. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
[font="arial; font-size: 12px; color: #071c21; font-weight:bold"]CALLING HOMICIDE[/font] (1956) Andy must connect the dots between a cop-killing and a model’s murder. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
[font="arial; font-size: 12px; color: #071c21; font-weight:bold"]CHAIN OF EVIDENCE[/font] (1957) Andy comes to the aid of a reform school grad accused of murder. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
[font="arial; font-size: 12px; color: #071c21; font-weight:bold"]FOOTSTEPS IN THE NIGHT[/font] (1957) A high-stakes poker game ends in murder — and Lt. Andy must figure out why before he can figure out who. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-1-28_15.jpg
spacer.gif
MUHAMMAD ALI’S GREATEST FIGHT (2013) Stephen Frears directs this all-star docudrama that looks at the biggest fight of Muhammed Ali’s life — the one he fought outside the ring. When Ali was drafted into the Vietnam War at the height of his boxing career, his claim to conscientious objector status led to a controversial legal battle that rattled the U.S. judicial system right up to the highest court in the land. Starring Christopher Plummer (as Justice John Harlan), Frank Langella (as Justice Warren Burger), Ed Begley, Jr. (as Justice Harry Blackmun), Barry Levinson (as Justice Potter Stewart) and Danny Glover (as Justice Thurgood Marshall). 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
MISS YOU CAN DO IT (2013) This uplifting HBO Documentary Film chronicles the efforts of Abbey Curran, a former Miss Iowa USA and the first woman with a disability to compete in the Miss USA Pageant, and eight girls with various disabilities as they participate in the Miss You Can Do It pageant. Created in 2004 by Curran (who has cerebral palsy), Miss You Can Do It offers girls with special needs the opportunity to be celebrated and not defined by what the world sees on the outside. 16x9 Widescreen
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-1-28_21.jpg
spacer.gif
If you’re headed to Wizard World’s New Orleans Comic Con Feb. 7–9, be on the look out for Korg himself, Jim Malinda. Korg: 70,000 B.C. was one of Hanna-Barbera’s few live-action Saturday morning TV series about a family of Neanderthals trying to make it in a harsh world. Jim will be in Artist Alley to chat about being a pre-historic poster boy on the screen as well as touring schools around the country!
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-1-28_23.jpg
spacer.gif
We’re now up to 158 feature films added to our Warner Archive Instant streaming service this month, many in 1080p HD for the first time anywhere! If you like the kinds of films we cover in this newsletter every week, we guarantee you will not only find some familiar favorites, but new discoveries ready to stream on your iPad, Roku or PC/Mac. Try it FREE for 2 weeks.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
wac-new-release-11-5_02_10.jpg
WarnerArchive.com
---------------------------------------------------------

Slap Gumshoe!
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/new+releases.do?adid=0128WACNRDeml&ref=EW0128D&utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EWACNR140128

---------------------------------------------------------

© 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
Chain of Evidence is pretty ho-hum and Sudden Danger is terrible. I think I'll pass on the Bill Elliott box, but it's always nice to see some noir in the mix.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Greatest Fight is an unsung gem with a great cast but you can probably watch it on HBO on Demand.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
It appears the Archive is finally entering the soundtrack arena as I just received an e-mail from Screen Archives Entertainment annoucing new releases and the original soundtrack to The Wizard of Oz is being rereleased under the Warner Archive banner-

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/26677/THE-WIZARD-OF-OZ-ORIGINAL-MOTION-PICTURE-SOUNDTRACK/

I hope they'll consider picking up where they left off with Rhino Handmade about 10 years ago and start releasing OST's of films that haven't been released yet such as High Society, Les Girls and so many others.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Another TV series appears to be coming in the next few weeks, the 1972 TV series Search, the complete series on pressed DVDs.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Now that it is Tuesday, we can safely conclude that Search will be released this week.

However, glancing the site today it's very pleasing to note that this week the Warner Archive is releasing the largest wave of single films in many many months. In addition to pre-orders that were already listed on the site for the past week (Brother Rat, Brother Rat and Baby, and Mystery in Mexico) it includes Norma Shearer & Frederich March films Smilin' Through (1932) and The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934), Glenn Ford's Dear Heart (1964), late George Raft noirs Nocturne (1946), Red Light (1949), Race Street (1948) and the noir Roadblock (1951).

In addition to all this, James Cagney's Winner Take All (1932) is up for preorder for 2/28.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
Ooh, Nocturne and Race Street are terrific! Roadblock is kind of meh, and Red Light is a mixed bag of great and not-so-hot.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JoHud said:
Now that it is Tuesday, we can safely conclude that Search will be released this week.
Why do you think it will be this week (as opposed to some future week) ?And where does it mention 'pressed'?While I would love both to be true, I didn't see that information listed.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The discs are visibly pressed in the posted sneak peak video when the DVD case is opened, silvery as opposed to black/purplish. The banner ad for Search is now posted on the front page of the Warner Archive site and is included as the feature attraction with a new uploaded preview.

Found the order page. Price is $49.99

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Have not all the Archive TV series releases been pressed for the last year and a half? (Except for those ordered and duplicated on DVD-R from Amazon.)Have there been exceptions where the Archive has recently released any TV series on DVD-R? I think someone at HTF said the Jimmy Stewart Show was DVD-R?Have any of the Archive TV series released on pressed Discs actually gone off the replicated list, and are now only available as DVD-Rs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks