What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (2 Viewers)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Does anyone know whether The Thin Man television series is likely to be available through the Archive. I have been revisiting the films and discovered one episode on the documentary disc. There is also an episode on the Forbidden Planet blu-ray.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Dick said:
DEAR WARNER BROS:
If you are reading this thread, you can already see there is demand for a Blu-ray of THE COURT JESTER. Please consider releasing it, if only as part of the Archive series. Many thanks!
As there is a lot of demand for it, that probably precludes a WA release. I really don't know how they choose what to release, but I haven't had any interest in any of them.

Jakerman1988

Agent
Real Name
Kyle
I just hope WA continues releasing TV shows on DVD (i.e. Step By Step, the remaining seasons of Perfect Strangers, Head Of The Class, etc.)

paul59539

Auditioning
Real Name
sherwin
Warner Bros. Sets the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascendingfor July 2014Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

wb-tv-logo.jpg
Warner Bros. has set Jupiter Ascending, the new science fiction film from Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix, Cloud Atlas) for a July 25, 2014 release. They've also moved Peter Segal's boxing comedy Grudge Match from November 15, 2013 to January 10, 2014.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
paul59539 said:
Warner Bros. Sets the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascendingfor July 2014
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

wb-tv-logo.jpg
Warner Bros. has set Jupiter Ascending, the new science fiction film from Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix, Cloud Atlas) for a July 25, 2014 release. They've also moved Peter Segal's boxing comedy Grudge Match from November 15, 2013 to January 10, 2014.
Very interesting I'm sure, but what does it have to do with Warner Archives?

Doug.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
AHEAD OF TODAY'S NEWSLETTER...

Warner Archive Collection: New Releases for 4/2/2013http://l.email-warnerbros.com/1x1.dyn?0nkGgqr-CxSTmh22DQsFTegxU=0
NewRelease32_02.jpg
WARNER ARCHIVE HOMENEW RELEASESBESTSELLING DVDsFORWARD TO A FRIEND
NewRelease32_04.jpg
wac-new-release-11-19_01_03.jpg
wac-new-release-11-19_02_01_01.jpg
CLASSIC SHORTS FROM THE DREAM FACTORY VOLUME TWO (1929-46) We heard the cries of “Encore!” following the release of Classic Musical Shorts from the Dream Factory, and so we are pleased to present this rollicking follow-up volume of mostly musical shorts produced by MGM. Two-reel Technicolor extravaganzas, one-reel earthy “Tabloid Musicals,”show-stopping MGM Revues and more are waiting in the wings in this 3-Disc Collection of 36 Theatrical Shorts featuring performances from vaudeville greats and future celluloid superstars like Shaw and Lee, Jack Benny, Ann Rutherford, Dennis Morgan, Deanna Durbin, Dick Winslow, Arthur Lake and Judy Garland. Check out a complete list here!
wac-new-release-11-19_02_04_01_03.jpg
DINNER AT EIGHT (1989) The George Kaufman/Edna Ferber comedy of manners, famously brought to the screen by George Cukor with a spectacular cast of early Talkie all-stars, gets another all-star treatment in this late 80s update. A shipping magnate (John Mahoney) fights to save his business while his supercilious spouse (Marsha Mason) struggles with setting up a dinner party for a pair of Brit VIPs. As the guest list takes shape, secrets and romantic intrigues abound amongst the invitees. Also stars Lauren Bacall, Harry Hamlin, Charles Durning, Ellen Greene, and Joel Brooks. CRAZY FROM THE HEART (1991) Christine Lahti and Rubén Blades star in this romantic comedy about a mismatched pair of lovers, one a Southern born school principal, the other a Mexican American janitor. After the pair abruptly wed during a romantic idyll south of the border, they return to face opposition from town, family and jilted football coach boyfriends (William Russ). TV titan Thomas Schlamme directs, with Mary Kay Place and Bibi Besch. FINAL VERDICT (1991) Treat Williams stars as real-life superstar criminal defense attorney Earl Rogers (the inspiration for Perry Mason) in this rock solid courtroom/family drama based on his daughter’s memoir. While juggling two difficult murder trials, Rogers plummets into a personal Siege Perilous when a rift divides him from his minister father (Glenn Ford in his final role) and a case that sets some private demons loose.Olivia Burnette co-stars as Rogers’ daughter Nora. YOUNG CATHERINE (1991) Vanessa Redgrave and Christopher Plummer lead a cast of luminaries in this mini-series look at the politics and passion surrounding the ascension of Catherine the Great in Russia. A young German noblewoman (Julia Ormond) is married off to Grand Duke Peter (Reece Dinsdale), the future ruler of Russia, only to find herself unwelcome in the royal court and the royal bed. Accepting the tutelage of Sir Charles Williams (Plummer), Catherine takes on a lover and the Empress Elizabeth(Redgrave) to ascend the throne. Also stars Maximilian Schell, Franco Nero and Marthe Keller. THE MAN WHO CAPTURED EICHMANN (1996) Arliss Howard stars as Mossad agent Peter Malkin in the story of Adolf Eichmann’s (Robert Duvall) extraction from Argentina. A painstaking portrait of the meticulous and dangerous undercover operation, the film digs into the desperate effort to bring the Nazi to trial for his actions. Robert Duvall’s searing portrayal of a man awash in social mores and bereft of anchored ethos moves the proceeding from the procedural to the penetrating. Also stars Jeffrey Tambor, Joel Brooks, Jack Laufer and Rusty Schwimmer. THE HUNCHBACK (1997) Mandy Patinkin, Salma Hayek and Richard Harris play the central triangle of grotesque, gypsy and monsignor in this shot in Eastern Europe adaptation of the oft’ filmed Victor Hugo classic.Patinkin’s Quasimodo rises to Laughton levels of heartbreak, while Hayek’s Esmeralda’s enchantments lie as much as in her inner grace as outer.Harris, meanwhile, is a thoroughly risible villain and thus an absolute demonic delight. Peter Medak directs. BABY (2000) Farrah Fawcett serves up one of her finest, most sensitive performances in this transformative tale of a family granted temporary stewardship of a baby. Lily (Fawcett) and John Malone (Keith Carradine) have not fully confronted their grief over the loss of their infant son, while daughter Lark (Alison Pill) and grandmother Byrd (Jean Stapleton) are wary over the state of their family. When a baby is left on their doorstep, their capacity for love is tested and stretched, but the Malones have an extra measure.
wac-new-release-11-19_02_04_01_09.jpg
Warner Archive Instant recently added a bunch of new films including Finishing School (1934) with Ginger Rogers, The Strawberry Statement (1970) and Reflections In A Golden Eye with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando. Plus get a second helping of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Season 2 (1965-66) along with hundreds of rare and hard-to-find movies and TV shows, direct from the studio vaults. Try it FREE for 2 weeks!
wac-new-release-11-19_02_05_01.jpg
wac-new-release-11-19_02_05_03.jpg
wac-new-release-11-19_02_06.jpg
WarnerArchive.com
---------------------------------------------------------

A Tabloid Musical Built for Two
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/new+releases.do?adid=1119WACNRCeml &ref=EW1119C&utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EWACNR131119

---------------------------------------------------------

© 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Pre ordered CLASSIC SHORTS FROM THE DREAM FACTORY VOLUME 2, but that is the only one that interested me. However I know others are excited about the other titles, so good for them. I guess WAC will take next week off due to the Holidays.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
CLASSIC SHORTS OF THE DREAM FACTORY, VOLUME 2 is release enough for me. One short in particular, HAPPILY BURIED, may be the most strangely plotted short ever conceived. It's amazing what they managed to cram into one reel!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think its usually the tueday after a holiday weekend they take off and they have traditionally taken off the last 2 weeks of the year so we probably have 3 weeks of new releases left for this year.
ahollis said:
Pre ordered CLASSIC SHORTS FROM THE DREAM FACTORY VOLUME 2, but that is the only one that interested me. However I know others are excited about the other titles, so good for them. I guess WAC will take next week off due to the Holidays.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
What with the Classic Shorts from the Dream Factory Vol 2 and the Fox Archive Alice Faye and Sonja Henie feature announcements, it looks like it's going to be a very Merry but costly Christmas.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
According to the twitter guy, they are doing new releases next week, and that's it for the year. They didn't take off the one holiday week earlier in the year and did Paramount releases on that day. So looks like they either are taking off early this year, or the twitter guy got confused.
@WarnerArchive 17 Nov
@LemurinCharge We rushed to get everything out early this year, so next week is our last new release for the year

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
according to the podcast, George Feltenstein said that they have released 1632 feature films to DVD for the first time ever. That's a pretty amazing number since March 2009. And of course they've had many MORE releases on top of the 1632 new-to-dvd feature films. The stats talk is about 37 minutes in to the current podcast.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
That is a pretty amazing stat in fact. Being honest we (myself included) may be a little sad to hear they are taking weeks off for no releases, but at the same time, this company goes far and beyond to give us releases nearly every week of the year. It's really not that cruel of them to occasionally have time off. I think that number speaks for itself.

But also they could also put up some January pre-orders next month or announce/hint at things until then. With that kind of number i'm sure we have plenty of good things to look forward to in 2014.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
what are the releases for next week. i went to the preorder section of the archives and found no listings.

Pre-Orders
Sorry, currently there are no products setup under Pre-Orders. Please try some other menu selection.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
WAC on their face book page said the DR. KILDARE movie series Volume 1 will be out the first of next year. They said the masters were finished. I'm looking forward to this series. They also said more shorts are coming early next year.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I'm thinking December might have one or two weeks of reissued OOP titles (namely Paramount), and that next week will be the last month of "new" titles. I agree that it's a pretty early break considering previous years at least went into the first weeks of December with new releases.

Kildare Vol 1 will definitely be a good way to start the new year. I'll preorder it the second it becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks