What's new

Warner Archive: "Corvette Summer" on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER!

CORVETTE SUMMER (1978)

Run Time 104:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.85:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Trailer (HD)

A cherry Corvette Stingray. A gorgeous girl. And a summer in glittery Las Vegas. What more does a guy need for the wildest, weirdest, funniest, freakiest time of his life? Mark Hamill (Star Wars) and Annie Potts (Designing Women) make comedic and romantic sparks fly in a revved-up tale of car-brained Kenny (Hamill), who trails a Corvette that’s mysteriously boosted after his high-school shop class restores it to perfection. The trail leads to Fun Capital, USA, and a ditzy diversion (Potts) whose dream is to become…a hooker? This damsel in distress needs a white knight on a candy-apple, metal-flake, superior-mags, mercury-tubes steed — right, Kenny? Both are in for a summer they’ll never forget.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
This is the best that they can do? WHO'S LIFE IS IT ANYWAY? would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Never even heard of it. I checked on the IMDB & it doesn't look like it got a UK release. Still waiting for my first Archive purchase this year.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Oh I just knew this would be released on bluray. The film may be 75 years old but the theme has once again become so very...contemporary. Above all, it is still a suspenseful film with terrific performances.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I had a crush on Luke Skywalker, and he shows part of his bottom in this, so yeah, I remember it as not being good, but I did not care.

The Big Red One with Mark Hamill introduced me to Sam Fuller and that's how a film buff was created.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I had a crush on Luke Skywalker, and he shows part of his bottom in this, so yeah, I remember it as not being good, but I did not care.

The Big Red One with Mark Hamill introduced me to Sam Fuller and that's how a film buff was created.
Not a bad curve.:)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
"It took him all year to build it, one night to lose it, and a whole summer to get it back."

Somehow I've had that phrase in my head for 40-plus years.

Hah!

The line from this movie that has stayed with me all these years was delivered by the gang thug who earlier in the film tried to kill or maim Mark Hamill’s character with a heavy metal chain.

When later, in a different setting, the Hamill character was formally introduced to the gang, the thug perfectly delivered this comically unlikely line: “Sorry ‘bout the chain. No hard feelings”.

I don’t remember much else from this film, but that line made a lasting imprint.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was wondering what was taking so long for his to be released especially after his appearances in the new Star Wars films. It’s been a long time since I watched this but I think there is a pretty good chase scene towards the end with the corvette and a trans am.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is one of my favorite movies.
When this came out it was during the summer I think because I remember going to the movies down the shore in Wildwood NJ and seeing it maybe 6-8 times.

I still have the dvd and will definitely get the Blu-ray.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I had a t-shirt that was given away as a promo at the drive-in where it opened. It’s long gone now, but for nostalgia reasons, I wish I still had it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It features Mark (Star Wars(TM) Hamill and a very young Annie Potts (currently playing Sheldon Cooper's Me-Maw -Grandmother- on "Young Sheldon")

It's not LOA but doesn't intend to be... and when WBShop has their 4-$44.00 and this is part of it... this shall be mine...

Ms. Potts essays the role of a character called "Van-nessa" because of the type of vehicle she drives ;) ... Like Church's Chicken says "Gotta Love it" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks