What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (1962) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Well, even tho the video presentation wouldn't win any awards, the gatefold packaging is nice and I still will consider it a collector's item.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Goodness, gracious, the hand-wringing! I think the folks at WAC have been nagged about this title for so long, that they have a pretty good idea of what the demand will be and will adjust their initial MOD runs to fill those demands. Early preordering will also help them gage the demand for when release day actually happens in late March.

Do you think nagging works? Maybe I should try that for the Banana Splits and other HB titles. Overload poor Mr. Feldenstein with requests until he has a nervous breakdown.
---jthree

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Here's a link about the Cinerama process that some of you may not have seen. After some of the history, there's some interesting info about the nearly 4-year run of THIS IS CINERAMA and HOW THE WEST WAS WON in Dayton, Ohio in the late 1990's.
I saw HTWWW there and it was one of the highlights of my life.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The production of this blu ray has nothing to do with our nagging. It has everything to do with the passion of the restoration team who have worked so hard on this project. Every distressed film or TV show deserves such champions.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Absolutely. I have 12 copies on order with my wholesaler for my UK customers,,,, Now we need the WA experts to work on a 4K ultra blu ray release of Dr Zhivago.... David Lean's Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia have both had 4K releases from Sony.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Ordered!
And just received Windjammer of which excerpts were shown at the MOMA premiere. Almost made me sick sick upon watching yesterday! Lots of fun.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I've rewatched two of Yvette Mimieux' films over the weekend: "Diamond Head" and "Light in the Piazza". I'd forgotten what a luminescent presence she was on screen. Two very different roles, but she was good in both. I can't wait to finally see her in "Brothers Grimm" appropriately playing a princess.

I'm going to revisit some of her other films. She has quite an impressive filmography.
Funny as a young lad I remember her on the Dr Kildare 2 part episode where she was absolutely stunning. And having seen her in her other films over the years I had no idea what a dancer she was when I attended the WWOTBG premiere. She must have been well trained in dance because she’s excellent!

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I've rewatched two of Yvette Mimieux' films over the weekend: "Diamond Head" and "Light in the Piazza". I'd forgotten what a luminescent presence she was on screen. Two very different roles, but she was good in both. I can't wait to finally see her in "Brothers Grimm" appropriately playing a princess.

I'm going to revisit some of her other films. She has quite an impressive filmography.
Check out The Time Machine and Where the Boys Are. She's excellent in those films, also.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
I placed my "Pre-Order" with Amazon for Grimm a couple of days ago, but I have a question. Overall, I think the total price came to $33 or so, which included tax and "$5.50" or so for shipping. Normally, however, I usually purchase enough items to qualify for free shipping. Is that not possible in this case? I just thought that I could include this with some other "stuff" at the time of release, but evidently this is considered a special order, right?

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
I just placed my order. Unless I have miscounted, this will be the 11th Cinerama movie presented on blu-ray with a Smilebox format viewing option. I'll have all of them!

Reactions: PMF

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I placed my "Pre-Order" with Amazon for Grimm a couple of days ago, but I have a question. Overall, I think the total price came to $33 or so, which included tax and "$5.50" or so for shipping. Normally, however, I usually purchase enough items to qualify for free shipping. Is that not possible in this case? I just thought that I could include this with some other "stuff" at the time of release, but evidently this is considered a special order, right?
I didn't pay shipping at Amazon. I had previously that day placed an order, and this was added to it within 24 hours. You MAY be able to add to YOUR order within twenty four hours and change the shipping method to free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks