What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Black and white westerns worked to me better because you couldn't focus so much on costumes or sets. In color there is no hiding a low budget. In tv shoes that "set" quality is worse. Tin star was made on a small budget but can one really tell when the story telling and performances are so strong. Black and white helped aid that. Same thing could be said for this movie.

" Mr. Fallon im pushing because I gotta know"...... "my name is harold... VINNY HAROLD... the money is for a headstone"
Broderick Crawford as a gunfighter is gold and hilarious at the same time.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was hoping this fine western would be released on Blu-ray.
A very good western.
An excellent underrated western that should be better known. Very happy for this announcement.

I have to laugh. I looked up the entry for it in Brian Garfield's Western Films: A Complete Guide. He tears it a new one. But then, it's far from the only film listed in his book that he's down on; he can be quite opinionated.

Me, I don't have a dog in this fight, as I never managed to see this one before, and I'm looking forward to getting that chance now. A Glenn Ford Western? Jeanne Crain? How can I resist? But it shows how one man's trash can be another man's treasure.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I have to laugh. I looked up the entry for it in Brian Garfield's Western Films: A Complete Guide. He tears it a new one. But then, it's far from the only film listed in his book that he's down on; he can be quite opinionated.

Me, I don't have a dog in this fight, as I never managed to see this one before, and I'm looking forward to getting that chance now. A Glenn Ford Western? Jeanne Crain? How can I resist? But it shows how one man's trash can be another man's treasure.
Film Guides that focus on one genre do tend to be very biased towards the writers viewpoint. General film guides like Leonard Maltin's are a much more neutral assessment of films. Maltin gives The Fastest Gun Alive 3 out of 4 stars which I think is an accurate view.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of companies using the original movie posters for the cover art, but I gotta say I'm glad they chose to go with the Italian poster over the one for the USA:

the-fastest-gun-alive-italian-movie-poster.jpg

MV5BMGRkYzBjZTQtYzgwOC00YjYzLTkyMjQtMjBjNmIwNzBhM2JiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzE2NDk3NTY@._V1_.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received my Blu-ray today and I must say I was mighty impressed by the video improvement over the 2009 WA DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks