What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
dSURDAe.jpg

New 1080p HD master from 4K scan of Original Camera Negative
Coming to Blu-ray on July 31st!

Special Features: TOM & JERRY CARTOONS-BLUE CAT BLUES and DOWN BEAT BEAR (both HD); Original Theatrical Trailer

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I am hoping that the Tom and Jerry Cartoons are presented in their proper CinemaScope presentations, if so that alone for me will be enough to warrant a purchase!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Added to the specs:

New 1080p HD master from 4K scan of Original Camera Negative
Coming to Blu-ray on July 31st!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Warner FB announcement has the wrong release date. July 31st is a Monday. I believe August 1st will be the correct date.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
One of the better psychological westerns of the 50s, which I always felt had a Freudian quality between the relationship of the gun and the man, particularly broderick crawfords character ( in one of his better performances)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Indeed she does. There are a few honourable exceptions, but I'm not keen on b & w westerns, they always look flat.
I grew up watching westerns in black and white even when they were filmed in color. Exceptions being the westerns I watched in a movie theater. American TV programming in the 1960s was dominated by westerns in black and white. Color TV only became a thing late in 60’s.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that myself! I like Jeanne Crain and the prospect of seeing her in a 4k scan of the OCN makes my mouth water! Incidentally, didn't she look good in Man Without A Star?
Jeanne Crain was my mother's favorite actress so there's a bit of nostalgia there. But she's a beauty (especially in Technicolor) and a pleasant screen presence and when the occasion calls for it (Pinky, Letter To Three Wives), a good actress too.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Jeanne Crain was my mother's favorite actress so there's a bit of nostalgia there. But she's a beauty (especially in Technicolor) and a pleasant screen presence and when the occasion calls for it (Pinky, Letter To Three Wives), a good actress too.
Margie in Technicolor!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks