What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: Angel Face (1952) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
resize.jpeg

Coming to Blu-ray from Warner Archive June 27th.....
NEW 2023 1080p HD master from 4K scan of best preservation elements!

ANGEL FACE (1953)
Run Time 92:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.37:1 with side mattes
Product Color B&W
Disc Configuration BD 50

Special Features: Commentary by Eddie Muller; Original Theatrical Trailer
Cast: Robert Mitchum, Jean Simmons, Mona Freeman, Herbert Marshall.
Robert Mitchum and Jean Simmons star in this film noir thriller about a man trapped in the web of an alluring, deadly, remorseless woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants and who conceals the evil within behind her beautiful Angel Face. Heiress Diane Tremayne (Simmons) arranges for an ambulance driver to whom she's attracted, Frank Jessup (Mitchum), to be hired as her family's chauffeur. And Diane lures Frank away from his girlfriend even as she becomes increasingly jealous of her stepmother. When Diane's parents die in an automobile accident--and the police find evidence of tampering to the car--Diane and Frank are arrested as prime suspects. After Diane convinces Frank to marry her in jail, the two are both acquitted of murder. Now, as Diane realizes that she may have been able to seduce Frank but cannot make him truly love her, she decides she would rather kill again than lose him...

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A personal favorite of mine. It appears the release date is June 27th according to MovieZyng.

I watched this on WOR's Million Dollar Movie over and over again, just to see the last five minutes (you know...the part kids my age enjoyed after all the romance)!

Instant purchase. Damn, these past two months at WAC certainly proves they're back on an even bigger roll.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Brilliant film. One of my all-time favourites - the ending of which totally shocked me when I first viewed it on TV in the late 1950s.
Ms Simmons could hold her own with the HE MEN even her one time husband Stewart Granger - the more RKO films released makes one love the little studio more and more thrilled for the fans of this film!

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ms Simmons could hold her own with the HE MEN even her one time husband Stewart Granger - the more RKO films released makes one love the little studio more and more thrilled for the fans of this film!

Simmons and Stewart co-starred in Arthur Lubin's excellent FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG (1955), a moody period film that has similarities to GASLIGHT. It's on a Blu-ray from Indicator in UK, but beware! It's an excellent thriller that has received a terrible transfer, with a heavy blue bias that makes it look like one of Fox's domestic releases of classic films. Hopefully (though it's unlikely), Sony will do a proper U.S. release, or sell the rights to Mill Creek or Shout!.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Simmons and Stewart co-starred in Arthur Lubin's excellent FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG (1955), a moody period film that has similarities to GASLIGHT. It's on a Blu-ray from Indicator in UK, but beware! It's an excellent thriller that has received a terrible transfer, with a heavy blue bias that makes it look like one of Fox's domestic releases of classic films. Hopefully (though it's unlikely), Sony will do a proper U.S. release, or sell the rights to Mill Creek or Shout!.
Yes, I decided to stick with my DVD when I heard about that Blu-ray transfer. I agree it's a good film . . . . . . with the bonus of a young Belinda Lee beginning to make a name for herself.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's on a Blu-ray from Indicator in UK, but beware! It's an excellent thriller that has received a terrible transfer, with a heavy blue bias that makes it look like one of Fox's domestic releases of classic films. Hopefully (though it's unlikely), Sony will do a proper U.S. release, or sell the rights to Mill Creek or Shout!.
I haven't watched it yet, but Sony did give Mill Creek and Kit Parker rights to sell it here in States as part of a 2019 Blu-ray boxset. I need to check it out to assess the PQ.

1684661901421.png
1684661926191.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks