What's new

Warner Archive at Comic Con 2015: A Report (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
bigshot said:
That is remarkably underwhelming.
Personally, I think it's pretty exciting. Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel with all of their associated cartoons are high on my list and so is Clue Club. I guess that these would come out has been expected for some time, but as much as plans tend to change in the DVD world, that we are so close is great I think. Of course, I would be even more excited with Tarzan, Gilligan, Quick Draw, Peter Potomus and perhaps a Banana Splits Complete Series, but I'll take what I can get.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I'd be glad to put the Banana Splits back together myself for nothing, as long as Warner would then release it. Just give me the files. At least it would get done.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes you are correct that was all the supporting cartoons that originally made up the Aquaman show but were not included with Aquaman. It was not a best of set.

JoeDoakes said:
I think that they released all of those cartoons. They originally were in a 2 DVD set then it was divided into 2 separate DVDs.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I think the underwhelming by some is coming from confusion reading the title of this thread. Some are thinking this is referring to Warner Archive in general, and thinking it pertains to all their releases and that this is all their announcements. But this thread is in reference to the Atom Ant animation panel and only pertains to Warner Archives upcoming animation releases. There may also be confusion with Warner Archive which generally only releases TV animation and WHV which releases theatrical animated shorts. Although Warner Archive has been rumored to be working on the Barney Bear shorts.

JoeDoakes said:
Personally, I think it's pretty exciting. Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel with all of their associated cartoons are high on my list and so is Clue Club. I guess that these would come out has been expected for some time, but as much as plans tend to change in the DVD world, that we are so close is great I think. Of course, I would be even more excited with Tarzan, Gilligan, Quick Draw, Peter Potomus and perhaps a Banana Splits Complete Series, but I'll take what I can get.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah its been that long since I have seen Barney Bear too. Before anyone gets too excited I should clarify that by rumored I mean on Facebook when asked about Barney Bear they reply: Nothing to report at this time. Which means they do control it because if it was with WHV they would reply with that answer as they always do on Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry and Tex Avery. It probably means that the Barney cartoons need some work since they haven't been around for awhile and never had a real home video release. So definitely no time line on them.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Great to see this program still releasing these series. I happen to be excited for the Clue Club release. I think we may have most of the Scooby-Doo derivatives/knockoffs released now, which I happen to love.

I devoured them as an 80s kid watching them on USA's Cartoon Express. (Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Clue Club, etc.)

I've never seen Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel but I've enjoyed checking out other 60s toons I didn't see growing up so I'm interested on that level as well.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I'm looking forward to purchasing the complete series of Filmation's Tarzan on DVD; I hope they are released on pressed discs rather than DVD-R.

Darby

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
My Guess is that they will be pressed discs since this is a pretty popular title. Clue Club that was just released is pressed discs so you would think Tarzan will be.

Darby67 said:
I'm looking forward to purchasing the complete series of Filmation's Tarzan on DVD; I hope they are released on pressed discs rather than DVD-R.

Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks