What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (6 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Last year I posted a list of 25 titles I suspected might show up in 2017 in the Archives releases. Only one was actually released, which surprised me, although I was happy with many of their titles.

This year, I am listing my favorite non-Blu-ray releases from Warner Bros, MGM and Allied Artists that might actually be under consideration or which I seriously want to see released, with the hope that at least 10% of them will be reach us. We'll see...I could again be way-y off.

If you hate lists, ignore this post, go about your business and enjoy your day.

WARNER BROS. TITLES
Angels With Dirty Faces
Awakening, The (1980)
Baby Doll
Black Scorpion, The

Bronco Billy
Captain Blood
Carny
Countdown (Robert Altman, 1968)
Crimson Pirate, The
Damn Yankees
Dead End
Devils, The
Femme Fatale
Fox, The
Going In Style (1979)
Heart Is A Lonely Hunter, The
I Love You Alice B. Toklas
Julius Caeser
King's Row
Land Of the Pharaohs
Last Of Sheila, The

Late Show, The
Letter, The
Life Of Emile Zola, The
Local Hero

Looker
Midsummer Night's Dream
Mister Roberts
Night Shift
Objective Burma
Oh God

O Lucky Man
Pajama Game, The
Petulia
Prince Of the City
Quick Change
Rachel Rachel
Sea Hawk, The

Straight Time
Sundowners, The
They Drive By Night
White Hunter, Black Heart

MGM
Adam's Rib
Alamo, The (United Artists, but now property of MGM)
Cameraman, The
Canterville Ghost, The
Captain Sinbad
Children of the Damned
Dark Of the Sun
Day At the Races, A
Edge Of the City
Freaks
Great Ziegfeld, The

Green Mansions
Harvey Girls, The
Ivanhoe
King Solomon's Mines (1952)
Les Girls

Libeled Lady
Lili
Mark Of the Vampire
Moulin Rouge (1952)
My Favorite Year
Naked Spur, The
National Velvet
Never So Few
Night Of the Iguana
Patch Of Blue, A
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid

Queen Christina
Red Badge Of Courage, The
Scaramouche
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
7 Faces Of Dr. Leo, The
Shoot the Moon
Show Boat (multiple versions)
Thin Man, The
Three Musketeers, The (1948)
tom thumb
Village Of the Damned
Whose Life Is It Anyway?
Wild Rovers, The
Young Cassidy

ALLIED ARTISTS
Big Circus, The
Billy Budd
Friendly Persuasion
Giant Behemoth, The
Macabre
Not Of This Earth (may not belong to WB)
Queen Of Outer Space
Since I posted the above list years ago, quite a few of the titles have been released on Blu-ray. I have highlighted these in yellow.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I rather like this time before imminent announcements (I reckon today), as at this point they could be a whole bunch of films I'd really like, instead of some films & TV series that I've never heard of, which delights so many people, but not me (just my personal opinion, of course).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I rather like this time before imminent announcements (I reckon today), as at this point they could be a whole bunch of films I'd really like, instead of some films & TV series that I've never heard of, which delights so many people, but not me (just my personal opinion, of course).
No matter what they announce, there will always be some people not delighted with those announcements. It’s impossible to make everyone happy.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I really hope that we get Moviola, television series, as it was mentioned as being readied for release several years ago.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
No matter what they announce, there will always be some people not delighted with those announcements. It’s impossible to make everyone happy.
Every month there is always at least one title I just couldn't care less about yet there's often at least one I'm thrilled to see. Even in months where there are no titles I'm excited about there'll be one, or more, I'll purchase either as an upgrade or a blind buy. In the end, I'm just happy they're still releasing titles because as long as they're doing so there's a chance one of my highly desired upgrades and/or grail titles will come at some point.

Wayne Klein

Supporting Actor
Since I posted the above list years ago, quite a few of the titles have been released on Blu-ray. I have highlighted these in yellow.
Hard to say with “Not of Tbis Earth”. I know it wasn’t part of the 1950’s sell off listed here http://dukefilmography.com/monogram_pictures_library.html. Maybe Warner bu, given it was produced in the late 50’s after the sell off of TV and redistribution rights, hard to say. Given that Corman remade it himself for cable on the 80’s and again in 1995, I’d say that the rights may be with his estate. Given that Shout appears to released it last.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hard to say with “Not of Tbis Earth”. I know it wasn’t part of the 1950’s sell off listed here http://dukefilmography.com/monogram_pictures_library.html. Maybe Warner bu, given it was produced in the late 50’s after the sell off of TV and redistribution rights, hard to say. Given that Corman remade it himself for cable on the 80’s and again in 1995, I’d say that the rights may be with his estate. Given that Shout appears to released it last.

Susan Hart may have it. If so, no Blu-ray in the future.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, we all want what we want. Someone posted a long list of wants over at blu-ray. com, all great choices, but didn’t fancy any of ‘em. Oh well, we live in hope, maybe one for me this time (or even two!). I still reckon it’s today.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Hoping for more Elvis in this set of announcements but I'm guessing they have him on hold for a while. Maybe sales were not as good for the last offering. Also not sure why they still haven't released Forever, Darling... considering The Long Long Trailer was a big seller and remastered so perfectly.
Yes to Forever Darling!
And definitely yes to Elvis, but what would be next in line? Girl Happy?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Didn't you hear,
The plan is to announce 17,837 titles today - all on 16K UUHHD - in 5D, including reissuing remasters of every title they released up to now - all from newly discovered OCNs.
Available to purchase tomorrow, for delivery before the holiday.

:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yup, we all want what we want. Someone posted a long list of wants over at blu-ray. com, all great choices, but didn’t fancy any of ‘em. Oh well, we live in hope, maybe one for me this time (or even two!). I still reckon it’s today.
Well, some of us have a much larger scope of film preferences than some people. Every month, I find multiple titles that I want in my collection.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I haven't ordered any WA titles announced this year.
Can we see anywhere a list of the blurays released by date?
I tried searching at the other forum, but it was not fruitful..
I wonder if there are any WAC releases of this year I was interested in.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Can we see anywhere a list of the blurays released by date?
I tried searching at the other forum, but it was not fruitful..
I wonder if there are any WAC releases of this year I was interested in.

I've kept a spread sheet that is listed by street date. Unfortunately, I've not kept up with it since this past September. Too many other things going on. Up to that point there are ~450 entries, and that's just for films, not TV series or animation.

But this should help:

And that post includes a link to Import CDs with a chronological list:

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
I've kept a spread sheet that is listed by street date. Unfortunately, I've not kept up with it since this past September. Too many other things going on. Up to that point there are ~450 entries, and that's just for films, not TV series or animation.

But this should help:

And that post includes a link to Import CDs with a chronological list:

Wow! I counted over 200 Warner Archive Blu-rays purchased by me, and of course, still there are still growing.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I go into the WBA announcements with low expectations. When the announcements are made there are always a few titles i want. Keeps me from focusing on being disappointed if certain films i want are not among the releases.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Wow! I counted over 200 Warner Archive Blu-rays purchased by me, and of course, still there are still growing.

Well, to be fair, that ~450 count includes titles that originally came out from Warner Home Video, and were reissued under the WAC brand (eg. The Man Who Would Be King). Not to mention variant versions (eg. Superman: The Movie) in one package, and multiple title sets (eg. Bogart & Bacall: The Complete Collection) having multiple records.

I was just looking at the number of records in the worksheet when I mentioned that count. I'd still say that, leaving those out, there would still be at least 400 releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams456
Recent bookmarks