What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (11 Viewers)

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
Wonderful lineup! All of them will be Day One for me!!! Thanks Mr. Felteinstein!
Most excited about Camille and Neptune's Daughter.
I read before here that both Flamingo Road and Confessions were available at TCM / HBO Max in new pristine masters, so here we have them. This must be a sing that Caged is also coming in the months to come.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I did not want to step on Mr E or Mr C what happened I was chatting with Tim on the chat and I told him about the two that were announced he asked where I heard it I said HERE and I said to him wish Mr F would just announce all six to give pple more time and he reached out to Mr F and got the okay and gave his okay to post! So wanted to get it here b4 the other forum!

@everyone Per George Feltenstein of the Warner Archive, the following 6 Blu-rays will be released in March.

View attachment 173176
What about February ?? :confused: :( Nothing there on my Wish or Want list. Next batch will be in April ?? :(

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I don’t mean to disparage those who are excited about these releases, but what about the John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Cagney, and other huge starts from the golden age of cinema that are still locked away in Warner’s vaults. I mean, I’ve been hoping for John Ford’s 3 Godfathers since the Blu-ray format was introduced

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
It's the Warner Archives. They won't release it unless it's done right. Otherwise, we'd have had Raintree County, Around The World In 80 Days and High Society years ago!
I was thinking that "The Prince and the Showgirl" might suffer the same fate as "Summertime" did on Criterion with the aspect ratio controversy.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I don’t mean to disparage those who are excited about these releases, but what about the John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Cagney, and other huge starts from the golden age of cinema that are still locked away in Warner’s vaults. I mean, I’ve been hoping for John Ford’s 3 Godfathers since the Blu-ray format was introduced
Poor Warner Archives. It's a no win situation! No matter how many jewels they give us on blu ray, there's always a "but what about .....?" post. :lol:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
John Wayne has to be one of the most well-represented stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood on Blu-ray. Greta Garbo, while certainly not as prolific as Wayne, has only two of her films released on the format. Camille makes it three. While I won't be purchasing the entire slate, I couldn't be more thrilled that a handful of talented actresses will be given a chance to shine in March.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mr F just let Tim Millard announce all six titles for March he gave me the okay to mention them here
Flamingo Road

I was interested to see this listed until your next post elaborated that it will be the Crawford film. I was hoping we might see a release of the 1980 TV movie and the series that followed. I never saw it originally but based on clips I’ve seen I would purchase it if released. Disappointing, but not surprising as WAC seems done with TV material that’s older than a few years.

But congrats to fans of the original film.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Poor Warner Archives. It's a no win situation! No matter how many jewels they give us on blu ray, there's always a "but what about .....?" post. :lol:

One person’s jewel is another person’s cubic zirconia. 🙂

But WAC does do a great job overall so I usually try to avoid making “but…” posts…with rare exception. As long as it’s not done in an over the top way, I think there’s room for admissions of disappointment mixed in among the praise.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
One person’s jewel is another person’s cubic zirconia. 🙂

But WAC does do a great job overall so I usually try to avoid making “but…” posts…with rare exception. As long as it’s not done in an over the top way, I think there’s room for admissions of disappointment mixed in among the praise.
I've always tried (tried be the operative word) to be a glass half full rather than glass half empty person. Certainly everyone's opinion has value and the right to express it. It's just that the usual "what about?" posts are as regular as clockwork and about as interesting. Maybe I'll wait till the April announcements and do my own "what about?" posts, might be fun :D

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, as I suspected, an interesting batch, but nothing for me. My last Archive purchase was a year ago (Ivanhoe & Gold Diggers Of 1933), but that's going to happen with Warner's vast library of films. If I get 3-4 films a year I'm doing well (only two last year).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks