What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What delay? Warners has never announced the same day as Criterion. Or the same week. From what I’ve seen, it’s always been the last week of the month. Be patient. :)

There is actually a rather large delay.

They didn't announce at the end of December.

Technically, if following some sort of established schedule, they are 3 weeks late with an announcement.

However, I'd hate to say there is a reliable announcement schedule as of late. I know it's something that WAC has been aiming for and I am confident they'll reach once ramped back up.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
There is actually a rather large delay.

They didn't announce at the end of December.

Technically, if following some sort of established schedule, they are 3 weeks late with an announcement.

However, I'd hate to say there is a reliable announcement schedule as of late. I know it's something that WAC has been aiming for and I am confident they'll reach once ramped back up.
I knew about that delay, but that was announced. So I’m ok with that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I knew about that delay, but that was announced. So I’m ok with that.
Was a delay announced?

You are getting me confused. I don’t think there was an announced delay as everyone has been asking about the past three weeks

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It's the radio silence that irritating.

Someone could very easily contact you guys and say what's what, like they did with the December 2022 releases.

Instead, we're left to guess for ourselves after podcasts heralding 2023 as being "back to normal".
Love Mr F but he keeps scaring us --- just announce all the hopefuls for the year and say we will release dates when available lik KINO does

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I’m afraid everyone is skittish, and justifiably so, about sudden wielding of corporate axes without prior notice. I don’t understand the neglect of good public relations that can carry forward with fans and customers during lean times. It costs practically nothing to release information of what’s planned or in the pipeline, even if exact release dates are fluid. Studios like Disney have been terrible at customer relations, and I’d certainly hope that the Warner division, with all the turmoil of changing hands, doesn’t fall into that trap.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What delay? Warners has never announced the same day as Criterion. Or the same week. From what I’ve seen, it’s always been the last week of the month. Be patient. :)

WAC hasn't had a specific day or week they made announcements at least over the last 3 years - or at least one that lasted more than a few months at a time. Always with WAC was pretty much what happened the last 2 months

The longest lasting pattern for 2-3 years used to be mid week usually around 14-19th the month prior to release (2-3 weeks pre-release) and even then they'd occasionally have a random announcement or slate of announcements show up unexpectedly - actually real press releases with details. Then their Facebook people took over and it moved toward the beginning of the month or last week of previous month (4-5 weeks prereleases), but that lasted less than a year before Covid and the first semi-dismantling of WAC.

After WBShop license was pulled and it "moved" to Amazon about the only way we knew anything was when a preorder randomly popped up on Amazon or Moviezyng. It wasn't even out of the ordinary for items to show up less than 1-2 weeks pre-release

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WAC hasn't had a specific day or week they made announcements at least over the last 3 years - or at least one that lasted more than a few months at a time. Always with WAC was pretty much what happened the last 2 months

The longest lasting pattern for 2-3 years used to be mid week usually around 14-19th the month prior to release (2-3 weeks pre-release) and even then they'd occasionally have a random announcement or slate of announcements show up unexpectedly - actually real press releases with details. Then their Facebook people took over and it moved toward the beginning of the month or last week of previous month (4-5 weeks prereleases), but that lasted less than a year before Covid and the first semi-dismantling of WAC.

After WBShop license was pulled and it "moved" to Amazon about the only way we knew anything was when a preorder randomly popped up on Amazon or Moviezyng. It wasn't even out of the ordinary for items to show up less than 1-2 weeks pre-release

David,

This is all correct.

The reason people are getting skittish is that for the last few months, there has been consistent WAC news within the final two weeks of every month. Either product has leaked through a distributor or we have been granted the opportunity to make an announcement.

So, when nothing was announced last month and no product appeared online, everybody kind of went a little crazy wondering what was going on.

And, no, to the best of my knowledge, there were no delays announced by WAC unless George mentioned something in his latest podcast. I haven't heard anything to that effect so I am guessing nothing of that sort was said.

Ken mentioned above that there shouldn't be this kind of radio silence.

I understand that point view. I really do.

However, I think we have all been spoiled by George Feltenstein and the amount of communication he provides us.

No other major studio dares to talk to the consumer through the Internet. If this were Fox, Paramount, Sony, or the like we wouldn't be sitting here complaining about the radio silence.

What that tells me -- and this is purely my interpretation -- is that there are issues, good or bad, that the studio does not wish to broadcast at this time. And quite frankly, that's how any major studio would conduct its business.

I don't think there's anything of major concern going on. I just tend to feel that, for the good of all of us, Warner has been incredibly open and the minute they start acting like any other studio, we tend to feel as if we deserve an explanation of what is going on.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
David,

This is all correct.

The reason people are getting skittish is that for the last few months, there has been consistent WAC news within the final two weeks of every month. Either product has leaked through a distributor or we have been granted the opportunity to make an announcement.

So, when nothing was announced last month and no product appeared online, everybody kind of went a little crazy wondering what was going on.

And, no, to the best of my knowledge, there were no delays announced by WAC unless George mentioned something in his latest podcast. I haven't heard anything to that effect so I am guessing nothing of that sort was said.

Ken mentioned above that there shouldn't be this kind of radio silence.

I understand that point view. I really do.

However, I think we have all been spoiled by George Feltenstein and the amount of communication he provides us.

No other major studio dares to talk to the consumer through the Internet. If this were Fox, Paramount, Sony, or the like we wouldn't be sitting here complaining about the radio silence.

What that tells me -- and this is purely my interpretation -- is that there are issues, good or bad, that the studio does not wish to broadcast at this time. And quite frankly, that's how any major studio would conduct its business.

I don't think there's anything of major concern going on. I just tend to feel that, for the good of all of us, Warner has been incredibly open and the minute they start acting like any other studio, we tend to feel as if we deserve an explanation of what is going on.
Something is on probably just scheduling look at the five new releases they were not released on the same day so maybe its all about logistics on the three remaining Jan release ensuring stock is where it needs to be etc

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Something is on probably just scheduling look at the five new releases they were not released on the same day so maybe its all about logistics on the three remaining Jan release ensuring stock is where it needs to be etc

Don't forget that Dec was the peak of the holiday season when most companies of just about any kind would take a break from what would be their norm, NVM WA under its current situation...

Really, people need to calm down and just be (much) more patient me thinks...

_Man_

Both are excellent points!

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
I think we just expected a little more noise given the supposed 'push' for the WB100 celebration.

On an unrelated note, Bullmoose just informed me that they are currently shipping Goodbye Mr. Chips ('39) - a Jan 24th release.

Also, Paramount, Fox and Sony don't have employees going on podcasts talking how the year will be back to normal.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Paramount, Fox and Sony don't have employees going on podcasts
Odd that Mr F’s podcasts are being seen as a black mark against WB.

I would have thought that such a direct connection to the community would have to be seen as a great service and bonus, despite its understandable constraints.

How would things be better if WB were to end these podcasts and joined the studios you named above in not engaging directly with its customer base?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Odd that Mr F’s podcasts are being seen as a black mark against WB.

I would have thought that such a direct connection to the community would have to be seen as a great service and bonus, despite its understandable constraints.

How would things be better if WB were to end these podcasts and joined the studios you named above in not engaging directly with its customer base?
Thank you!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have less than no interest in listening to anyone's podcast. I just want a consistently scheduled corporate announcement.
blind GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks