What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (11 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Five new titles announced:

The Long, Long Trailer
Rancho Notorious
Wife vs. Secretary
Our Dancing Daughters
Goodbye Mr. Chips

The fate of CAPTAIN BLOOD is up in the air. I will have clarification on that release later today.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought I had at least one of these in my DVD collection, and I dont :D But Im so glad they are back to more than 2 releases and Im sure in the months ahead we'll see more !

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Five new titles announced:

The Long, Long Trailer
Rancho Notorious
Wife vs. Secretary
Our Dancing Daughters
Goodbye Mr. Chips

The fate of CAPTAIN BLOOD is up in the air. I will have clarification on that release later today.
EDIT - I just saw the other post - it's the 1939 version.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Unfortunately I'm not interested in anything. I just hope Captain Blood is coming indeed.
Mr F amazes us again! Yet no WB title - Capt Blood must be legit as I think Mr E or Mr C noted it was listed as WB Video perfect the the 100th!

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Wife vs. Secretary for me... Can't decide if I "need" The Long, Long Trailer upgraded or not.
All of these releases are very welcome and nice to see a robust release slate from WAC again! I'm most excited about upgrading The Long, Long Trailer as it should be in the proper widescreen aspect ratio. All previous releases were in Academy.

And what's interesting, considering 2023 is WB's 100th anniversary, is that there are 4 MGM titles, 1 RKO and only 1 WB, Captain Blood, which is still in question.

Last edited:

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Mr F amazes us again! Yet no WB title - Capt Blood must be legit as I think Mr E or Mr C noted it was listed as WB Video perfect the the 100th!
With all due respect, I don't think that listing for Captain Blood is legitimate (yet). It was noted that the page said "Warner Home Video." That's the retail arm of Warner Brothers (as opposed to WAC, which is their online-only MOD division). Warner Home Video hasn't debuted any catalog titles of this vintage on Blu-ray since 2015. Currently, Warner Home Video is only releasing catalog titles on 4K UHD (and I highly doubt that Captain Blood will be a 4K disc, especially not from them). On the other forum, it has been noted that most signs actually point to Captain Blood as coming from Criterion (the main piece of evidence being that the DVD went out of print about the same time as a bunch of other titles which have since come from Criterion). Given that Captain Blood was mentioned by George Feltenstein in one of his recent podcast appearances as being worked on (but in a vague enough manner that could suggest it could happen through either WAC or Criterion), I strongly suspect that it should come out this year (just not in January).

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
As for my opinion of this group of titles, I'm thrilled to see The Long, Long Trailer finally coming, and I'm also glad to see more Clark Gable finally coming (especially in time for his/my birthday)! It's up in the air yet whether I might try Our Dancing Daughters or not, but I'm glad to see that silent film fans are finally getting something!

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
All of these releases are very welcome and nice to see a robust release slate from WAC again! I'm most excited about upgrading The Long, Long Trailer as it should be in the proper widescreen aspect ratio. All previous releases were in Academy.

And what's interesting, considering 2023 is WB's 100th anniversary, is that there are 4 MGM titles, 1 RKO and only 1 WB, Captain Blood, which is still in question.

Yeah, the lack of WB titles for WB's 100th is very suss. Makes one want to call the plans into question.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
With all due respect, I don't think that listing is legitimate (yet). It was noted that the page said "Warner Home Video." That's the retail arm of Warner Brothers (as opposed to WAC, which is their online-only MOD division). Warner Home Video hasn't debuted any catalog titles of this vintage on Blu-ray since 2015. Currently, Warner Home Video is only releasing catalog titles on 4K UHD (and I highly doubt that Captain Blood will be a 4K disc, especially not from them). On the other forum, it has been noted that most signs actually point to Captain Blood as coming from Criterion (the main piece of evidence being that the DVD went out of print about the same time as a bunch of other titles which have since come from Criterion). Given that Captain Blood was mentioned by George Feltenstein in one of his recent podcast appearances as being worked on (but in a vague enough manner that could suggest it could happen through either WAC or Criterion), I strongly suspect that it should come out this year (just not in January).
we shall see u are right will see it 2023 still think Mr F wants that and not with criterion Gunga din criterion though?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks