What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Should this thread be for actual announcements rather than members lamenting that there aren't any!

There are three things we can do here moving forward as far as I can think of...

1. Create an additional forum for the discussion of Warner Archive releases, keeping this current thread devoted to release news only. The downside is that it limits the amount of activity in the thread

2. Change the name of this forum to Warner Archive Discussion and Announcements

3. Do nothing and let the activity remain as is.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There are three things we can do here moving forward as far as I can think of...

1. Create an additional forum for the discussion of Warner Archive releases, keeping this current thread devoted to release news only. The downside is that it limits the amount of activity in the thread

You know what?

It occurs to me that despite the title of this thread being a bit deceiving for its intended purpose, the flow of discussion works very well.

While KINO has a separate announcement and discussion thread, it works because Kino makes many title announcements over the course of the month.

Warner Archive title announcements are published only once a month, in a single post, within this thread. If that's all we dedicated this thread to, it would be primarily inactive.

I think what we have going here has served us well for nearly 5 years.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
There has just been too much going on over there for the past year or more.

I'm not worried about their catalog output or how long it takes for them to fully get back on their feet again.

I don't want to bother George, so I don't ask what's going on. I leave it to the Podcasts for any updates.

I'm remaining positive we'll have an announcement on some new titles not before long.
Heard from someone who knows Mr F and said he was hoping to see titles announced today (NOT Mr F) so people are all expecting titles soon I got a feeling Capt Blood is due that would be a great way to welcome 2023

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

I already did...

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller

#1 please. Every day I see new posts in here and click the thread, and it's always a disappointment.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I’m not so sure about that Amazon page. I remember a whole bunch of Amazon pages turning up in August 2020 for films such as High Sierra (which ended up going to Criterion) that turned out to be just random placeholders. Additionally, there doesn’t seem to be any release date on the page, so for now, I would look at that page with a grain of salt.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I’m not so sure about that Amazon page. I remember a whole bunch of Amazon pages turning up in August 2020 for films such as High Sierra (which ended up going to Criterion) that turned out to be just random placeholders. Additionally, there doesn’t seem to be any release date on the page, so for now, I would look at that page with a grain of salt.

I also notice it is listed as Warner Home Video, not Warner Archive.

I am going to keep the preorder announcement as is until it's clarified. This is the problem we have when we get no official announcement from the studio prior to these titles just showing up as phantom listings on Amazon.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I’ve seen Amazon listings for preorder that don’t seem to necessarily relate to films actually in the pipeline or announcements made or about to be made by whichever releasing company. Perhaps Warner is ramping up titles to release again for ‘23, of which this is a harbinger. CAPTAIN BLOOD does seem to be one of the most requested titles.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
Cause if you're going on podcasts talking up a big game about how 2023 is going to be so great and a return form and wonderful for classic film fans and all that, extended radio silence is not something inspires a vote of confidence.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Responses like that are the very reason studios are very reluctant to allow their personnel to speak publicly about unannounced plans. There’s no upside.
I wish everyone gets some titles they want - I am just happy releases continue WB is great KINO amazing etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks