What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (8 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Really a nice buffet, don't get piggish, LOL!!! You right!!
say what excuse me GIF by Clasharama

How about releasing THE INSPECTOR GENERAL from PD hell for the 100th with a recombine of the the original negatives? One can dream...

Next to THE COURT JESTER, this is my favorite Danny Kaye film...and I think I've seen them all. I had a full-length Super 8m print of this, but most of the reels were color-faded. There are at least two show-stopping comical musical numbers handled with Kaye's usual gift of tongue-twisting, past-talking patter. This was a 3-strip Technicolor film, but no one seems to be bothering to restore it for Blu-ray. Shame.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I agree, Executive Suite is a decidedly enjoyable, well acted ensemble film, and seeing it in Academy ratio, since it’s mostly set bound in an office environment, makes it look too much like an extended television production. Great cast.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Next to THE COURT JESTER, this is my favorite Danny Kaye film...and I think I've seen them all. I had a full-length Super 8m print of this, but most of the reels were color-faded. There are at least two show-stopping comical musical numbers handled with Kaye's usual gift of tongue-twisting, past-talking patter. This was a 3-strip Technicolor film, but no one seems to be bothering to restore it for Blu-ray. Shame.
WB has saved A Star Is Born 1937 and Royal Wedding from PD so maybe they would show Danny Kaye some love too?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yep the Inspector General, the Secret Life of Walter Middy is another great Kaye movie!!

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 16
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks