What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Well Im in for Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman :) !! Great news for me !
I Hope they do as good of a job as they did with Cyclops 1957 with Gloria Talbott and Lon Chaney Jr!!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 2

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I hope Mr. Feltenstein gets supplemental pay, since he has had to take over the release announcements for the Archive. As if his plate wasn't full enough!
The great thing about Mr F is you can tell he truly IS a fan as well!! And he is a collector and actually LOVES MOVIES!! Not to mention that because he truly cares and is in a position to make a difference for collectors...and he DOES!!! I give a big Shout out to him AND HIS DEDICATED TEAM!!
Dean Winters Party GIF by Mayhem

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
So pleased these two upcoming releases are scanned from the original negatives. FIFTY FOOT WOMAN is an entertaining guilty pleasure, and THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is a fine movie with some memorable performances, sharp John Huston direction, and wonderful b/w photography. Mr. Feltenstein reflects our feelings about this problematic year (we got fantastic stuff like the WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM, to be sure, but other months were less satisfying... and one month provided nothing at all). I'm sure we all sighed gratefully when he mentioned that 2023 will be more like 2021, where some months provided up to eight must-have titles. Hopefully a three-strip Technicolor recombine of LIFE WITH FATHER will find its way into our lives, along with NIGHT AND DAY, THREE GODFATHERS, NORTHWEST PASSAGE, and the retina-searing Stewart Granger swashbucklers SCARAMOUCHE and THE PRISONER OF ZENDA (KING SOLOMON'S MINES would be most welcome, too). We're all waiting to spend more money, Mr. F!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
So pleased these two upcoming releases are scanned from the original negatives. FIFTY FOOT WOMAN is an entertaining guilty pleasure, and THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is a fine movie with some memorable performances, sharp John Huston direction, and wonderful b/w photography. Mr. Feltenstein reflects our feelings about this problematic year (we got fantastic stuff like the WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM, to be sure, but other months were less satisfying... and one month provided nothing at all). I'm sure we all sighed gratefully when he mentioned that 2023 will be more like 2021, where some months provided up to eight must-have titles. Hopefully a three-strip Technicolor recombine of LIFE WITH FATHER will find its way into our lives, along with NIGHT AND DAY, THREE GODFATHERS, NORTHWEST PASSAGE, and the retina-searing Stewart Granger swashbucklers SCARAMOUCHE and THE PRISONER OF ZENDA (KING SOLOMON'S MINES would be most welcome, too). We're all waiting to spend more money, Mr. F!
happy make it rain GIF by HP

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I'm hoping that during next year's Warner's 100th Anniversary celebration that Warner Home Video releases "The Searchers" (1956) and "The Exorcist" (1973) on 4K/UHD.

Another personal favorite that probably won't make the cut next year for a Blu-ray release is "All Through the Night" (1942) besides Bogart, what a cast of actors in supporting roles.

• Conrad Veidt
  • Kaaren Verne
  • Jane Darwell
  • Frank McHugh
  • Peter Lorre
  • Judith Anderson
  • William Demarest
  • Jackie Gleason
  • Phil Silvers
  • Wallace Ford
  • Barton MacLane
  • Edward Brophy
  • Martin Kosleck
  • Ludwig Stössel
  • Irene Seidner
  • James Burke

View attachment 155400
WAC is do for more Bogie for WB's 100th so maybe it might happen!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I have the HD Digital version of "All Through the Night" for over a year. It looks Great ! :D Highly Recommended !

All Through the Night​

Gripping espionage meller [from a screen story by Leonard Q. Ross and Leonard Spigelgass] highlights three bad boys, with Humphrey Bogart this time working on the side of the law, order and liberty in trying to clean up a nest of Nazi spies and fifth-columnists. Two other toughies are sinister, soft-spoken Peter Lorre and immaculate, iron-fist-in-velvet-glove Nazi agent Conrad Veldt, both first rate. Locale is New York City.

By Variety Staff

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Well it looks like the last WBArchive Bluray title I will be getting for 2022 will be .... Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931) I bought 6 other Great Classic titles in 2022. 2023 should be Great with the 100th Anniversary of WB Pictures ! :D

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Like many people from the NYC Metro area I used to watch “Attack of the 50 Foot Woman” along with other horror or Sci-fi classics on Channel 11 WPIX’s Chiller Theater that came on Saturday nights back in the day.
Sure beats what they show today -----except The Honeymooners! On WPIX since 1960 I think --- they had one great employee who was trying to bring back that kind of stuff he left and went to WABC

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger

All Through the Night​

Gripping espionage meller [from a screen story by Leonard Q. Ross and Leonard Spigelgass] highlights three bad boys, with Humphrey Bogart this time working on the side of the law, order and liberty in trying to clean up a nest of Nazi spies and fifth-columnists. Two other toughies are sinister, soft-spoken Peter Lorre and immaculate, iron-fist-in-velvet-glove Nazi agent Conrad Veldt, both first rate. Locale is New York City.

By Variety Staff

Clearly written by someone who didn't recognize a comedy when he saw it!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Agree with ya but some great moments where the good guys are in peril!
And all because of cheesecake ---- it starts the whole shebang - love the cast Barton Maclane always great - a young Jackie Gleason - Lorre and Veidt! Hope Mr F is reading are comments! One of Bogie's fun and best role's

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Speaking of great casts. How about "Executive Suite" (MGM 1954) as a Blu-ray release in 2024 for MGM's 100th Anniversary, and in its OAR?

The cast included (LtoR): Nina Foch, Walter Pidgeon, Dean Jagger, Louis Calhern, Shelley Winters, Fredric March, Barbara Stanwyck, William Holden, June Allyson and Paul Douglas. Directed by Robert Wise and written by Ernest Lehman.

View attachment 155406
A very good film.

Claude North

Second Unit
Well I for one am happy with the two titles that they are going to release in December, considering one is a poster hanging on my wall rather large woman holding a car over top of a freeway
I don't remember anything like that happening in "The Night of the Iguana"...

Looking forward to both of these releases. TNOTI has been one of the top films on my "Where's the Blu-ray?" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcrouch1983
Recent bookmarks