What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (12 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
What's with the "fire sale" on Lullaby of Broadway? I purchased a copy a couple of weeks ago at $7.50 thinking it won't go any lower. I was wrong.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I am looking so forward to WB Archive's October Bluray release of ...... I hope this will be the cover art. :D
AAA 1931 J H.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wish The Naked Spur would drop in price

General Rule of Thumb for Amazon WAC titles -- virtually nothing released after Jan 2021 will likely be discounted much. Most of Amazon price drops seem to be on 2022 releases. There are some odd items that never seem to discount though.

The best hope for the older titles and the stubborn titles is to hope for MovieZyng to do another 4 for 50 type deal at some point. I was hoping they might have a summer sale, but that is fading. The next past history sale like WBShop (v1/2/3) would usually be in November. Deep Discount used to be some very good sales 3 or 4 times per year, but even their last 2 month-long discounts have been mostly 20-25% off instead of the past 35-40%.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
General Rule of Thumb for Amazon WAC titles -- virtually nothing released after Jan 2021 will likely be discounted much. Most of Amazon price drops seem to be on 2022 releases. There are some odd items that never seem to discount though.

The best hope for the older titles and the stubborn titles is to hope for MovieZyng to do another 4 for 50 type deal at some point. I was hoping they might have a summer sale, but that is fading. The next past history sale like WBShop (v1/2/3) would usually be in November. Deep Discount used to be some very good sales 3 or 4 times per year, but even their last 2 month-long discounts have been mostly 20-25% off instead of the past 35-40%.
Now this would make the ULTIMATE WAC RELEASE Someone must have it somewhere
1659389423062.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Still hoping for classic Huck and Yogi! Quick Draw too!
Until they are able to do that, I am still hoping for these following other releases from them:
* Jana of the Jungle (Hanna-Barbera, 1978)
* The New Fred and Barney Show (Hanna-Barbera, 1979)
* Fangface (Ruby-Spears, 1978-80)
Just these three releases will make my day!

~Ben

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not from Warner Archives
I'm not so sure about The Adventures of Robin Hood (4K/UHD) not coming from WA. George Feltenstein specifically mentioned that title a couple of times. Either way, as indicated by his comments during the last "The Extras" podcast, he will be involved with any disc release of a catalog title coming from WA or Warner Home Video.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK

I'm not so sure about The Adventures of Robin Hood (4K/UHD) not coming from WA. George Feltenstein specifically mentioned that title a couple of times. Either way, as indicated by his comments during the last "The Extras" podcast, he will be involved with any disc release of a catalog title coming from WA or Warner Home Video.
I hope it gets a 4K UHD release ! The Best Robin Hood film of all time. One of my top ten Favorite movies of all time.
AAA ROBIN HOOD.jpg

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Oh, I expect The Adventures Of Robin Hood to show up on 4K/UHD at some point. But since prior statements have indicated that WAC wasn't planning any UHD titles, I would expect it to come from WHV.

Of course, everything changes over time, and prior statements are just that - prior statements.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh, I expect The Adventures Of Robin Hood to show up on 4K/UHD at some point. But since prior statements have indicated that WAC wasn't planning any UHD titles, I would expect it to come from WHV.

Of course, everything changes over time, and prior statements are just that - prior statements.
George's prior statements said he was trying to get approval for such a WAC release.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Until they are able to do that, I am still hoping for these following other releases from them:
* Jana of the Jungle (Hanna-Barbera, 1978)
* The New Fred and Barney Show (Hanna-Barbera, 1979)
* Fangface (Ruby-Spears, 1978-80)
Just these three releases will make my day!

~Ben
I feel your pain and longing. I'm hoping for more.
--jthree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks