What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (25 Viewers)

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
I thought Criterion planned to release (at some point) The Gay Divorcee, Top Hat, Follow the Fleet, and Shall We Dance. Perhaps this has changed? A WAC release of Roberta, Carefree, and Barkleys of Broadway would be just fine with me :)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I watched A Star Is Born (1937) last week, and it’s a truly incredible new transfer, especially compared to the washed out prints that circulated for decades. And boy, was Fredric March’s performance terrific! Such a fine actor.
Fredric March was Great in every film he was in. I can't wait to see him in the Restored 1932 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. For which he won his Best Actor Academy Award ! Coming in October from Warner Archive ! :D :biggrin:
aaaadr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde.jpg
Dr.-Jekyll-and-Mr.-Hyde-2.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
For me, Captain Blood is the outstanding Flynn release we're still missing.
As for Fred, I want the entire Fred and Ginger series. We have Swing time; give us the rest please,
SO many releases need restoration and release - boy we need 20 releases a month to make a dent!

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
All of these would be welcome! WAC doesn't have rights to a few of them, though. Deconstructing Harry was actually released on blu ray recently in a collection of Allen's more recent films. The Last Tycoon belongs to Paramount. The Visitors should belong to MGM, which now belongs to Amazon. Otherwise, the rest would be fair game.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
A few August releases have started to appear- Ghosts- Season 2 and Season 3 from BBC and Charm City Kings, an HBO Max Original. Maybe we'll see additional title updates in the next few days?

kimmy schmidt fingers crossed GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It looks like WAC are not only not going back to normal, they're coming to a complete halt.

Worried about the program.
I think its more of the July 4th Holiday they might have had a light week or maybe an announcement tomorrow? Right now only 3pm in CA? And Mr F keeps on saying more in the works guess taking more time after warners wiped at the entire team to rebuild it

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It looks like WAC are not only not going back to normal, they're coming to a complete halt.

Na, hopefully just going back to normal. Announcing titles for next month instead of two months ahead. Whenever they announce the August titles, at least it'll be for next month (now we're in July).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

If you listen to the latest podcast, you won't think that. Mr. F said many thing things that make me believe it's just starting up after this slow down.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
No announcements in June is not slowdown. It stopped.
What’s worse is that lack of communication and what communication there is is a vague and cryptic.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
They announced Ace Ventura Pet Detective and some other title I never heard of - posted on the elsewhere forum

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks