What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (17 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
just thinking that they will wait until the 13th Anniversary sale is over before the next releases are announced,

When is the sale set to end?

I am wasting a lot of time refreshing their Facebook page hoping to post some press releases in a timely manner.

I hate to keep complaining about the process, but I would have thought that we would have seen the next batch of titles announced already. Your thoughts could be correct.

In any case, tomorrow is another day...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
When is the sale set to end?

I am wasting a lot of time refreshing their Facebook page hoping to post some press releases in a timely manner.

I hate to keep complaining about the process, but I would have thought that we would have seen the next batch of titles announced already. Your thoughts could be correct.

In any case, tomorrow is another day...
sale runs till April 2nd

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The issue with Singin' in The Rain is that none of the venues TCM normally uses are capable of Dolby Vision or HDR presentations ( that I am aware of ) so it's entirely possible that aside from the Dolby/HDR grading for the upcoming 4K release, the original files are not any different in regular presentation. There really wouldn't be any other need to 'restore' what they're previously done.
All but one reel of SINING IN THE RAIN was destroyed in the George Eastman House fire in 1978. So any scans are going to be from 2nd gen materials.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would guess next week titles will trickle, all 2 of them, well hopefully more ! :)

Has anyone here heard anything about a disc replacement for The Ghost Ship with the missing moth ? Robert mentioned this back in November where a disc replacement was in place but havent heard anything since.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not sure when the big surge of announcements for 2022 are going to happen. I just hope things start picking up soon. The crickets coming from WBA is not a good sign.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The change over at Warners, bringing Mr. Feltenstein back, is going to take a little time to cement in place. When he left, the pin was pretty much pulled to stop the conveyor of product coming down the pike. I suspect part of the flourish of deep catalog we had last year was done by management who just wanted to dump the remainder of the titles that had been worked on for a quick money grab.

So, we had a couple of months where we were given 5-7 deep catalog releases instead of the usual 4-5. Great for us, then. But now, there's a gap between what was done and what was in the hopper waiting to get done.

Can't expect Mr. F and his crew to just flick a switch and start the massive roll-out all over again. I think by May we'll start to see the old 'factory' up and running again. Be patient. It's coming. We've been promised. And Mr. Feltenstein is a man of his word.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The change over at Warners, bringing Mr. Feltenstein back, is going to take a little time to cement in place. When he left, the pin was pretty much pulled to stop the conveyor of product coming down the pike. I suspect part of the flourish of deep catalog we had last year was done by management who just wanted to dump the remainder of the titles that had been worked on for a quick money grab.

So, we had a couple of months where we were given 5-7 deep catalog releases instead of the usual 4-5. Great for us, then. But now, there's a gap between what was done and what was in the hopper waiting to get done.

Can't expect Mr. F and his crew to just flick a switch and start the massive roll-out all over again. I think by May we'll start to see the old 'factory' up and running again. Be patient. It's coming. We've been promised. And Mr. Feltenstein is a man of his word.

Nick, I absolutely agree with you on that.

Also realize, Warner is going through a transition of ownership with Discovery. While I don't think that's going to affect WAC, it's just another temporary cog in the wheel for everything to move effectively forward at the studio.

I am hoping now that the sale is over we will see some announcements today. However, as usual, there is never a set schedule for these announcements.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
RELEASE NEWS

Have some exciting Warner Archive Collection release news to share with HTF readers this afternoon...

The next two titles to be released in MAY is as follows:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) starring Spencer Tracy, Lana Turner, Ingrid Bergman, and Frederic March

The Carey Treatment (1972) starring James Coburn, Jennifer O'Neill, Skye Aubrey, and Pat Hingle

Products should be available on Amazon for preorder over the next few days

In related news, as it is expected this is going to be discussed, Warner is planning the release of the 1931 version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for Halloween. That version stars Frederic March, Miriam Hopkins, and Rose Hobart.

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
RELEASE NEWS

Have some exciting Warner Archive Collection release news to share with HTF readers this afternoon...

The next two titles to be released in MAY is as follows:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) starring Spencer Tracy, Lana Turner, Ingrid Bergman, and Frederic March

The Carey Treatment (1972) starring James Coburn, Jennifer O'Neill, Skye Aubrey, and Pat Hingle

Products should be available on Amazon for preorder over the next few days

In related news, as it is expected this is going to be discussed, Warner is planning the release of the 1931 version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for Halloween. That version stars Frederic March, Miriam Hopkins, and Rose Hobart.
Happy for the fans of the two titles - I am looking forward Technicolor and maybe even some other unreleased gems - Mr F has been a man who always speaks the truth he said things would be slow for a while but pick and he is tops in keeping fans up to date. (KINO Mr. Insider is a close very close second on that front - keeping fans up to date)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes, it seem most people prefer the 1931 version, I've never seen it. I have seen the 1941 version, eons ago, a typically handsome & glossy MGM production, & worth having (esp. if the Blu-ray looks as good as The Picture Of Dorian Gray). The Carey Treatment doesn't interest me, although I am a big fan of James Coburn, it's not a film I want to own.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
So is May another two and done month? That would get us almost half way through the year. At least both movies are ones i would buy so i'm happy with these announcements.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Very Glad about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) :D I have the Digital version in SD. This Bluray release will be a Big improvement ! I hope the 1931 version gets a Bluray this year also. The Digital SD version is Okay.
aaaa Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941).jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I prefer the 1931 version but am in for both versions of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde though I wish they'd have put both in the same release like with the DVD.
Does RAH know if Warners has anything better on the 1931 version element wise -- thought the print used on the dvd version is the best they got.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks