What's new

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I don't think it has been dormant.

The problem right now is that the announcement dates are all over the place.

Last month, the announcements happened on December 23rd which was kind of crazy. Those announcements weren't due for another two weeks at least and they came awful early.

Not that I am complaining, but it really makes it difficult for us to put up an announcement as we never know when they are coming.

George Feltenstein did say it would be his priority to put the announcements on schedule so everyone would know when to expect them.

Right now, I have to sit here on a daily basis combing Facebook and looking for Amazon or other retailer leaks in order to bring the announcements to the forefront in a timely manner. These days, forum members discover the announcements before Warner even has the chance to post them. I am sure that is something the studio isn't happy about.

So, we aren't even a month between last month's announcements and the upcoming ones. That is why I don't feel things have been dormant. I would call it more of a mess.

I am really hoping for a more scheduled release policy moving forward. The Facebook announcements are fine, but I'd rather not have to be checking them several times a day, every day, each month hoping to get a jump on a press release.
Didn't he say in the podcast their scanning division was backed up and announcements might seem less but when things shakeout announcements would actually be more than last year?

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I continue to find it worthwhile to check the Amazon list of NEW RELEASES every day. Recently, I've
been able to purchase ATHENA, DINNER AT EIGHT, IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME and ELIZABETH
AND ESSEX for $13 and change. However, those low prices are sometimes only available for one day.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Didn't he say in the podcast their scanning division was backed up and announcements might seem less but when things shakeout announcements would actually be more than last year?

Robert, I don't know what was said on the Podcast. I have not had the opportunity to hear it.

And, really, my frustration with the announcements is probably something that is just a personal issue for me as I run a site that thrives on timely press releases.

I would prefer that Warner schedule their announcements so everyone is on the same page. However, that doesn't mean that they have to do it.

As you can see, everyone's always guessing when announcements are going to be made as there is no uniformity to the process.

However, again, that's my personal gripe and probably not everyone else's.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hey,

As long as they announce title "X" I'm happy (or star "Y" or director "Z").

And as a life-long Die-Hard Cubs fan, the phrase "wait until next ..." is ingrained in my psyche.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it has been dormant.

The problem right now is that the announcement dates are all over the place.

Last month, the announcements happened on December 23rd which was kind of crazy. Those announcements weren't due for another two weeks at least and they came awful early.

Not that I am complaining, but it really makes it difficult for us to put up an announcement as we never know when they are coming.

George Feltenstein did say it would be his priority to put the announcements on schedule so everyone would know when to expect them.

Right now, I have to sit here on a daily basis combing Facebook and looking for Amazon or other retailer leaks in order to bring the announcements to the forefront in a timely manner. These days, forum members discover the announcements before Warner even has the chance to post them. I am sure that is something the studio isn't happy about.

So, we aren't even a month between last month's announcements and the upcoming ones. That is why I don't feel things have been dormant. I would call it more of a mess.

I am really hoping for a more scheduled release policy moving forward. The Facebook announcements are fine, but I'd rather not have to be checking them several times a day, every day, each month hoping to get a jump on a press release.

Bless you, Ron. Hope things improve.
--jthree

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
CC2D2D1A-55F7-4B33-BD8A-DF843D4473CC.jpeg
Random moment! I received my copy of Edge of Darkness today from Amazon, a month before the scheduled release date. No complaints- just wanted to tell fellow Amazon pre-orderers to be on the lookout. Can’t wait to watch!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I think the confusion was because Edge of Darkness was announced along with the February releases rather than the January releases, despite having a 1/18 street date from the git-go.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the confusion was because Edge of Darkness was announced along with the February releases rather than the January releases, despite having a 1/18 street date from the git-go.
I think Warner pushed it ahead because they only had two releases in January. Now, they only have 2 releases in February and I wouldn't be surprise to see a title or two from March pushed ahead. As George Feltenstein indicated during that podcast I listened too, MPI has been backed up with titles as they do their magic working on these classic films. So, the releases will be slow in early 2022, but the pace will pick up during the course of the year as the pipeline of finished titles starts flowing better through their system.

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
WAC announced Captain of the Clouds today, so far, Id like to think they have a few more to announce today. We will see :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WAC announced Captain of the Clouds today, so far, Id like to think they have a few more to announce today. We will see :)

Press release already posted 10 minutes ago.

I am assuming that more titles will be rolling out on the hour.

Also seems like, for the moment, the 23-24th of the month is the announcement time frame. As I posted above, I hope this gets straightened out.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
1643075048357.png

COMING SOON!
NEW 2022 1080p HD Master from 4K scan of its original Nitrate Technicolor Camera Negatives!
A STAR IS BORN (1937)-RESTORED EDITION
BD50
Color
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.37 with Side Mattes
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MONO
111 Minutes
SPECIAL FEATURES: Two Lux Radio Theater broadcasts; Janet Gaynor and Robert Montgomery (9/13/37) Judy Garland and Walter Pidgeon (12/28/42) [audio only]; Classic WB cartoon- "A STAR IS HATCHED" (1938) (HD); Classic WB shorts: "MAL HALLETT & HIS ORCHESTRA" (1937) (HD); "TAKING THE COUNT" (1937) (HD); "ALIBI MARK" (1937) (HD); Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Producer David O. Selznick turned his attention to Hollywood with this 1937 original classic directed by William A. Wellman. Its Academy Award-winning screenplay co-written by Dorothy Parker tells the story of hopeful, young would-be actress Esther Blodgett (Academy Award winner Janet Gaynor) whose career is launched by movie star Norman Maine (Academy Award winner Fredric March), who also wins the young actress' heart. Esther becomes leading lady Vicki Lester and Mrs. Norman Maine, but as Maine's career flounders, he sinks into an abyss of alcoholism. Esther chooses to sacrifice her stardom to care for her husband, but he will not allow Esther to abandon her dreams for him. Remade three times in years ahead, this original version has finally undergone a meticulous restoration and has been remastered from its original nitrate Technicolor camera negatives, especially for this Warner Archive Blu-ray release. The result is a sterling presentation of a landmark in film history for this new restored edition.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
COMING SOON!
NEW 2022 1080p HD Masters from 4K scans of original Cinerama Camera Negatives!
TWO-DISC DELUXE SPECIAL EDITION
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM (1962)
DELUXE 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
2-BD50s
Disc 1-Restored Cinerama image letterboxed
Disc 2-Restored Cinerama image in SMILEBOX format, to approximate the curved theater screen experience in the home
Disc 1-Aspect Ratio 16x9 2.89 Letterbox
Disc 2-Aspect Ratio 16x9 2.89 Smilebox
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
135 Minutes-Roadshow presentation with Overture, Intermission , Entr'acte, and Exit Music.
SPECIAL FEATURES: New featurettes RESUING A FANTASY CLASSIC (HD); THE EPIC ART OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM (HD); THE WONDERFUL CAREER OF GEORGE PAL (HD), and more, plus multiple trailers and audio pieces
The story behind the brothers who created beloved fairy tales come to life creators, with reenactments of three of their stories, tells the story of the brothers' long struggle for recognition and the sacrifices they and their families made to achieve their goals. Between dreamer Wilhelm (Laurence Harvey) and practical Jacob (Karl Boehm), some marvelous fairy tales develop. In "The Dancing Princess," a princess (Yvette Mimieux) falls in love with a charming woodsman (Russ Tamblyn). In "The Cobbler and the Elves," a Christmas miracle of dedicated labor helps the cobbler out when he most needs it. And in the last story, a fire-breathing dragon threatens the kingdom until a lowly servant (Buddy Hackett) saves the day. Shot on location in West Germany, the innovative production features Puppetoons, a technique developed by Oscar-winning special effects expert George Pal. Meticulously restored from its original Cinerama negatives, this fanciful delight is a treat for audiences of all ages.....and this Deluxe Two Disc Edition gives the viewer the opportunity to watch the film either in a traditional letterbox format, or in the Smilebox format which attempts to re-create the immersive Cinerama experience with a simulated curve to the screen. Both versions bring together the three original Cinerama panels with virtually no trace of the lines that joined them together when originally projected in theaters back in 1962.
Warner Archive extends its deepest thanks to Cinerama restorationists David Strohmaier and Tom March, and Decurion Corp. (parent company of Cinerama Inc.), who partnered with us to bring0 this project to fruition.

1643076645966.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raja hitam
Recent bookmarks