What's new

Warner and associates (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
By far the most aggressive studio in putting out classic films-WB has been slack of late in the 1970-1990 films being released. NFx=netflix NOV=Never on video AP= Amazon Prime THE PHYNX (NOV) , THE EMIGRANTS & THE NEW LAND , THE DEVILS , MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN (NOV) , SNOW JOB (NOV) , MALCOLM X (NOV) , COME BACK CHARLESTON BLUE , THE THIEF WHO CAME TO DINNER , RAFFERTY AND THE GOLDUST TWINS , LISZTSOMANIA , ODE TO BILLY JOE (*NFx) , BROTHERS , STAND UP VIRGIN SOLDIERS , STARSHIP INVASIONS , THE SEA GYPSIES (AP) , TILT , ANIMALYMPICS , SIMON, NO NUKES , THE AWAKENING , FIRST FAMILY , THE MAN WHO SAW TOMORROW , TWICE UPON A TIME(may be MGM thru Lucas) , HEY GOOD LOOKIN ,TRAGEDY OF A RIDICULOUS MAN , DEADLY EYES , INDEPENDENCE DAY , HIGH ROAD TO CHINA , HEARTS OF ARMOUR , GO FOR IT! , LASSITER , CAL , G'OLE! (NOV) , MR, LOVE , DOIN TIME , FROG PRINCE , RATBOY , KNIGHTS AND EMERALDS , INSTANT JUSTICE , RAD , SPLIT DECISIONS , GOING UNDER , IMPULSE , WB seemed to release ALL of their tiitles to vhs-very few nov. A surprisingly small number of films left 70-90 to hit DVD. Not sure if WB still owns the Goldcrest films from David Putnam. DEADLY EYES thru Golden Harvest may belong to Fox. ODE TO BILLY JOE was slated then abandoned for DVD . I'm most surprised that Tom Sellecks wo films have yet to make it to DVD. RAD , like HYPER SAPIEN andLIONHEART -should be with wb thru Talia Film. Brut: BOOK OF NUMBERS , HANG UP , CRY FOR ME BILLY , WELCOME TO ARROW BEACH ,WHIFFS , HUGO THE HIPPO , I WILL IWILL FOR NOW , CLASS OF MISS MCMICHAEL , HEDDA , NASTY HABITS Allied Artists :TRILOGY , END OF THE ROAD , SPRING AND PORT WINE , WAYS OF WOMEN , BLOOD ROSE , ANONYMOUS VENETIAN , BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL , ROMANCE OF A HORSE THIEF ,COMETOGETHER , AND MILLIONS WILL DIE , BODY OF DEBORAH , ZORRO (PD), GOLD (PD), MY FRIENDS , THAT LUCKY TOUCH , MITCHELL(PD) , THE NEXT MAN (PD) Cannon : SHY PEOPLE , MASCARA , MANIFESTO ,DOIN TIME ON PLANET EARTH , CASTAWAY , BERLIN BLUES , STREET JUSTICE , WARLORDS OF HELL, SLUMBER PARTY '57, GOR , THE OUTLAW OF GOR , THE KITCHEN TOTO , DANCERS , THE ROSE GARDEN , LITTLE DORRIT Lorimar: BIG SHOTS, A MONTH IN THE COUNTRY MGM: TICK TICK TICK (NOV) , BROTHERLY LOVE (NOV) , MY WIFES SON (NOV) , MAGIC GARDEN OF STANLEY SWEETHEART (NOV) , HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS , ZIG ZAG (NOV) , THE BODY (NMOV) , MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMAN (NOV) , VILLAIN (NOV) , FORTUNE AND MENS EYES , NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS , CLAY PIGEONS (NOV) , GOING HOME (NV), BLEIVE ME , (NOV) , THE JERUSALEM FILE (NOV) , PASSOVER PLOT (NOV) , COOL BREEZE (NOV), CORKY (NOV) , SITTING TARGET (NOV) , EVERY LITTLE CROOK AND NANNY (NOV) , THE WRATH OF GOD (NOV) , MELINDA (NOV) , THE GREAT WALTZ (NOV) , LOLLY MADONNA XXX (NMOV) , DEAF SMITYH AND JOHNNY EARS (NOV) , WICKED WICKED (NOV) , TRADER HORN (NOV) , THE SLAMS (NOV) , KAZABLAN (NOV) , NIGHTMARE HONEYMOON (NOV) , MR. RICCO (NOV) , SWEET REVENGE (NOV) , BRASS TARGET , WHY WOULD I LIE? (NOV) , SUNDAY LOVERS , BUDDY BUDDY , EXPOSED , PANDEMONIUM

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Louis,

Looking at the first paragraph of titles in your list above, interested in the following titles:

Snow Job (1972)

Come Back Charleston Blue (1972)

The Thief Who Came to Dinner (1973)

Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins (1975)

Brothers (1977) (assuming it's the 1977 film starring Bernie Casey)

Tilt (the 1979 film starring Brroke Shields and Charles Durning?)

Independence Day (1983)

Lassiter (1984)

Impulse (the 1990 film starring Theresa Russell and Jeff Fahey?).

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I'd like to see decent, authorized editions of THE NEXT MAN and MITCHELL but I fear that Warners may not have any rights to them. (MITCHELL did play on Cinemax in the early 90s and was even preceded by a Warners logo; I don't think THE NEXT MAN has played on TV, pay or commercial, in an authorized version since the late 1970s.)

Has HANG UP ever played on TV?

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
INDEPENDENCE DAY is a classic. Dianne Weists performance in it is LEGENDARY . Kathleen Quinlan is one of cinemas great beauties. This movie deserves much better

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
I think it's been confirmed that THE EMIGRANTS & THE NEW LAND will get a Criterion treatment. MALCOLM X documentary is an extra on DVD and upcoming blu-ray edition of Spike Lee's film.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
GregoryMesh said:
I think it's been confirmed that THE EMIGRANTS & THE NEW LAND will get a Criterion treatment.....
Is that a fact? Confirmed? It's easy to forget just how BIG these two were films were in the early 1970s. Yes, there was a time when European filmmakers came to the USA to make westerns about their country's connection to the American west. I look forward to Blu-rays of Jan Troell's foreign pioneer westerns. I do wish the third part of the trilogy, ZANDY'S BRIDE from 1974, were included.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by GregoryMesh

I think it's been confirmed that THE EMIGRANTS & THE NEW LAND will get a Criterion treatment.

If Warner controls these titles, then they will not get the Criterion Treatment. Except for the BFI soon to be released DVD of THE DEVILS, Warner has never licensed out any titles. However, there could be some question still as who owns the US rights to the Svensk Filmindustri library. There was a court secession in 2009 where the US rights went to the Isis Theatre in Aspen. I know that the ruling has been appealed, but not sure of the out come.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Louis,

Looking at the first paragraph of titles in your list above, interested in the following titles:

Come Back Charleston Blue (1972)

I believe that Warners said on Facebook that there are some rights issues concerning this film now, so don't expect it anytime soon.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Louis Letizia

Allied Artists :TRILOGY , END OF THE ROAD , SPRING AND PORT WINE , WAYS OF WOMEN , BLOOD ROSE , ANONYMOUS VENETIAN , BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL , ROMANCE OF A HORSE THIEF ,COMETOGETHER , AND MILLIONS WILL DIE , BODY OF DEBORAH , ZORRO (PD), GOLD (PD), MY FRIENDS , THAT LUCKY TOUCH , MITCHELL(PD) , THE NEXT MAN (PD)

Just about all the Allied Artists films of the 70's were just distribution deals where the rights have reverted back to the producers. I don't think one of those titles sits in the Warner Brothers library today.

Also several of the Brut titles belong to Spelling Entertainment and would in a sense be under Paramount control.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I kind of suspected that. Othes like TEENAGE GRAFITTI , THE WILD GEESE and CONDUCT UNBECOMING were released on various dvd labels.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Louis Letizia said:
I kind of suspected that. Othes like TEENAGE GRAFITTI , THE WILD GEESE and CONDUCT UNBECOMING were released on various dvd labels.
wild geese was released by tango. i am hoping for wild geese II with edward fox[he took over for richard burton who passed away a week before shooting was to begin] and scott glenn.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Originally Posted by GregoryMesh

I think it's been confirmed that THE EMIGRANTS & THE NEW LAND will get a Criterion treatment.

MALCOLM X documentary is an extra on DVD and upcoming blu-ray edition of Spike Lee's film.

I would DIE if The Emmigrants was released by Criterion. All I has is a crappy Full Screen VHS... I need it for my Best Picture DVD collection... (although it has been a great birthday for me today because Wings and The Shanghai Express Were announced!)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Even though it's been said above that the rights are held by Spelling Entertainment (under Paramount), out of the Brut list, am interested in the films:

Hangup (1974)

Welcome to Arrow Beach (1974).

Would the Brut titles listed in the starter post be realistic suggestions for possible release by Olive Films (as they have released some Paramount titles)?

Of the Allied Artists titles listed above, interested in the films:

Cometogether (1971) (starring Luciana Paluzzi (Thunderball (1965) and guest starred in a Season 10 Hawaii Five-O episode)

Body of Deborah (1968) (starring Carroll Baker) - dubbed version distributed theatrically in the US by Warner Brothers/Seven Arts (source: the film's IMDb company credits page)

Mitchell (1975).

Spring and Port Wine (1970) has been released on Region 2 (UK) by Optimum (now Studio Canal). Don't know about other regions/labels.

Regarding the list of Cannon titles posted in the starter post, is Street Justice the 1990 film starring Michael Ontkean, as this appears to be owned by Warner Brothers?

Finally, of the MGM titles list in the starter post, interested in the titles:

House of Dark Shadows (1970)

Zigzag (aka False Witness) (1970)

Night of Dark Shadows (1971)

Clay Pigeon (aka Trip to Kill) (1971)

Going Home (the 1971 film starring Robert Mitchum?)

Melinda (1972)

Wicked, Wicked (1973)

The Slams (1973)

Nightmare Honeymoon (1974)

Mr. Ricco (1975)

Sweet Revenge (the 1976 film starring Stockard Channing and Sam Waterston?)

Pandemonium (1982).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks