warm sounding receiver/amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Shannon S., Apr 1, 2004.

1. Shannon S.

Shannon S. Stunt Coordinator

I have a Yamaha Receiver and a Nad integrated amp.. The Nad is warmer sounding than the Yamaha. Is Rotel as warm sounding as the Nad? I am looking for a receiver to match Infinity speakers. Thanks.

2. John Prator

John Prator Stunt Coordinator

Shannon,
    I believe you will find the Rotel is nice and smooth sounding, probably to your likeing. I tell ya though, I just love the sweet, warm sound of Marantz amps/receivers. If you get a chance defiantly give them a listen. Their mono-blocks can be had for a song. [​IMG]
    John

3. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

I'd lean toward Marantz, Harmon Kardon and Nad. Why not just get a Nad since you like that?

4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

I agree with charles, Why not just get another nad system. they are very very nice sounding. Rotel are about the same sound wise, that's just a feautres decision really. both rotel and NAD are FINE machines. You will be happy with either one!

5. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

I absolutly love my nad c370. I own one vintage marantz(2220) and one plain old marantz(sr2000) and the nad is easily my favorite.

Just thinking about it makes me smile. [​IMG]

6. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

I have a 2240 marantz....I love that. I can't wait to get a good set of speakers for it...for just listening to music with my wife and a beer on a rainy day!