What's new

Warm mains, Denon 2802 and low volume questions (1 Viewer)

Max.D

Auditioning
Well after looking into receivers, I wanted one that was musical and good for HT. The HK 520 seemed like the one but I heard of a few quality control issues (shutdown prooblems) and started looking at other receivers. Finally settled on a Denon 2802. I like a warm sound and my ears don't handle brightness too well. I hear that the Denon is a bit brighter compared to the HK. I'm hoping offset this with the speakers. I'm on a budget and I'm buying mains and a center for now (~500-600 for the three), I already bought a DLS sub.

I'm looking at Paradigm Titans/CC-170, and Ascend Acoustics CBM-170's or speakers in that range.

At times I'm force to listen at low volumes, are there any specific speakers that would be driven better at very low to low volume?

Any recc's which match my needs and the Denon 2802?

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
Max,

I bought a Denon 2802 a month ago online for $469, brand new "A" stock factory sealed.

It works fine at moderate and low volumes, and I have yet to find it lacking at higher volumes either. I have KEF Q-Series Q7/Q1/Q9c speakers and a SVS Subwoofer.

Generally, the more efficient a speaker the louder it will play given a constant volume setting.

For the money, I don't see how you can go wrong with the 2802.

Good Luck,

Sean in Nor Cal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks