Warhol's "FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN" is coming back on 9/20

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ken Koc, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

According to Image, both Warhol's "FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN" and "BLOOD FOR DRACULA" will be released on 9/20. The description of the titles mention "Criterion" presents......and for 20.00. I wonder if this is part of Criterions new line of cult films?

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

My question would be whether these are new, anamorphic transfers, or simply reissues of the old discs, which used the often murky laserdisc transfers. It would be cool to get FFF in 3D.

3. Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb Second Unit

Anamorphic, according to DavisDVD:

4. Brian PB

Brian PB Supporting Actor

Just to be clear, these are being issued by Image, not Criterion. Nice that they will have anamorphic transfers for this go-around. And the lower price is always welcomed.

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

This is good news. BFD has long been a favorite. Sounds like they will have the Criterion commentaries, but it would be cool if these were different too. I agree about the lower price.

However, according to Image's site:
    "Synopsis: Maverick filmmaker Paul Morrissey's "Flesh for Frankenstein" reevaluates the horror film, infusing it with satiric wit and sexuality. Morrissey's tale of the mad Baron Frankenstein and his perverse creative urges was heavily edited upon initial release; Criterion presents the restored director's cut--fully intact after 20 years. "Presented" by Andy Warhol. "

...unless Image simply screwed up and recycled their old listing text.

6. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    You need to see Andy Warhol's Frankenstein in 3-D.