What's new

Pre-Order Wargames (1983) (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71XznnLyLjL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just preordered through your link, Ron. Wargames is one of my all time favorites so I’m really hoping Shout! Factory doesn’t hose up this release like they did with Platoon.

Clinton, thank you for doing that. Always appreciate the fact that our members use the links to help support the site.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Got it today from Amazon in this condition:
IMG_5752.JPG

IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG

Plastic looks to be ripped off, case is cracked and damaged. Worst condition movie I have ever received.

Luckily the disc was ok, and worked fine. Like 99.8% of all 4K discs, this is a most definite upgrade from the old BD. Massive upgrade in this case (gorgeous, vibrant, and rich color) Beautiful HDR grade, and 2.0 DTS Master audio. Buy with confidence. And pray it arrives in better shape than mine.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
One of my teenage films - saw this twice then, when movie tickets cost a week's pocket money. It really appealed to teenagers. And I had a crush on Ally Sheedy. Not sure if I would enjoy the picture as much now, since just about all the adults in the film are jerks ;) But good to hear that Platoon was probably a rare misfire from Shout.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Got it today from Amazon in this condition: View attachment 168649
View attachment 168650 View attachment 168651
Plastic looks to be ripped off, case is cracked and damaged. Worst condition movie I have ever received.

Luckily the disc was ok, and worked fine. Like 99.8% of all 4K discs, this is a most definite upgrade from the old BD. Massive upgrade in this case (gorgeous, vibrant, and rich color) Beautiful HDR grade, and 2.0 DTS Master audio. Buy with confidence. And pray it arrives in better shape than mine.
Mine arrived in excellent condition early last week but I still haven’t had a chance to watch it. Maybe this weekend I can spin it up.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Watched it yesterday once more this time a day viewing. Luckily the Panasonic 4K settings for HDR are life hacks. I watched it with the 'HDR Setting"-- "Light Environment" over the "Natural environment" setting. Looked amazing still...even if the specular highlights were blown out just a tad bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks