What's new

International Warehouse 13 (1 Viewer)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Amazon has the region free UK IMPORT Warehouse 13 Blu-ray for less than $25. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed that this isn't a bootleg copy?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There are 3 or 4 Prime deals at that price suddenly today (I'm sure one seller matching another), but I don't think it's been up long enough to check it out. Since it's been available directly from AmazonUk for a month or so for less I'm assuming these are direct sales. The people receiving theirs already from Amazon.uk haven't had any complaints about the authenticity -- just a bit about the music changed that apparently affect all teh blurays including the US

Mine is in transit from UK and supposed to be here next week which I paid a hair over $20 so it's possible if some of the bigger dealers made big orders they could be selling for a tiny profit.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
There are 3 or 4 Prime deals at that price suddenly today (I'm sure one seller matching another), but I don't think it's been up long enough to check it out. Since it's been available directly from AmazonUk for a month or so for less I'm assuming these are direct sales. The people receiving theirs already from Amazon.uk haven't had any complaints about the authenticity -- just a bit about the music changed that apparently affect all teh blurays including the US

Mine is in transit from UK and supposed to be here next week which I paid a hair over $20 so it's possible if some of the bigger dealers made big orders they could be selling for a tiny profit.

I received a positive response from one of the sellers, see below, so I placed an order today.

"We purchase directly from authorized distributors, we have been doing this for some time now. Thank you. "

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I received a positive response from one of the sellers, see below, so I placed an order today.

"We purchase directly from authorized distributors, we have been doing this for some time now. Thank you. "

The problem is all the bootleggers say that though to be honest some of them believe their source is legit so I not sure whether
to believe they;re naive bystanders or not.

Amazon does give you some protection and unlike many items being sold for 1/2 the going price at least this price is believable compared to the direct items. OTOH, after Amazon's cut I have a hard time understanding how they plan to make any profit at all. Amazon.com is selling it directly for $30, AmazonUk for $20-21 shipped so even if you're drop shipping directly from teh UK suppliers it's a tiny number

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The problem is all the bootleggers say that though to be honest some of them believe their source is legit so I not sure whether
to believe they;re naive bystanders or not.

Amazon does give you some protection and unlike many items being sold for 1/2 the going price at least this price is believable compared to the direct items. OTOH, after Amazon's cut I have a hard time understanding how they plan to make any profit at all. Amazon.com is selling it directly for $30, AmazonUk for $20-21 shipped so even if you're drop shipping directly from teh UK suppliers it's a tiny number
Is there an easy way to identify a Blu-ray boot leg?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there an easy way to identify a Blu-ray boot leg?

Easy-- sometimes, but probably not by looking at the picture of the outside unless they're bad bootleggers with misspelled words, obviously poor printing techniques or if like on Ebay they pretty much tell you it's a pirate copy "this item will play on all Bluray players except game consoles"

Once you open it -- if it's a BD-R it becomes easier with black/brown/green playing surface. You can compare the inner ring print marking to other items to compare print runs adn manufacturing companies.

Anything originating from Southeast Asia region is pirate until proven otherwise, Any region free DVD of a std movie/TV set is a bootleg

Pretty much I consider the majority of used DVD and OOP 'sealed' DVD on Ebay bootlegs from sellers who have hundreds or thousands of copies. Increasingly, Bluray are now in that mix with mnay of the Brand New Star Wars Complete Saga Bluray" set under $35 proving themselves

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Easy-- sometimes, but probably not by looking at the picture of the outside unless they're bad bootleggers with misspelled words, obviously poor printing techniques or if like on Ebay they pretty much tell you it's a pirate copy "this item will play on all Bluray players except game consoles"

Once you open it -- if it's a BD-R it becomes easier with black/brown/green playing surface. You can compare the inner ring print marking to other items to compare print runs adn manufacturing companies.

Anything originating from Southeast Asia region is pirate until proven otherwise, Any region free DVD of a std movie/TV set is a bootleg

Pretty much I consider the majority of used DVD and OOP 'sealed' DVD on Ebay bootlegs from sellers who have hundreds or thousands of copies. Increasingly, Bluray are now in that mix with mnay of the Brand New Star Wars Complete Saga Bluray" set under $35 proving themselves

I just received it and it looks and sounds great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks