What's new

Warcraft III (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone here played the beta? How is it?

We're getting pretty close now...I expect this game will be released within the next 3 months. I need some Blizzard action!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Camp,

I played it over a friends house for about 30 minutes while waiting on him to get ready. Played it on Battle.net and ruined his name by totalling getting my ass smoked, but oh well. Its definetely the brightest game Blizzard has made, lots of colors which is a good change. Plays very nicely, I haven't played Warcraft in about 5 years now so I don't remember how well it compares to those. This will probably be the first game from Blizzard that I buy since Warcraft 1 though as even though I got my ass handed to me it was still fun. My friend says he doesn't understand why they don't go ahead and release it as he has only had it crash on him once.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Blizzard has always been anal about releasing a finished product, unlike other patch-happy developers. I laud them for sticking to their guns and making sure it is right. The public has been waiting 4 years, a couple more months will provide a huge return on their public image if the game ships (mostly) bug-free.
If only Blizzard had developed Pool of Radiance, I would have been all over that title. :)
Jason

Eric Nees

Agent
While the Beta is about finding bugs, the biggest reason Blizzard is having a public beta is to balance the game. They've already changed quite a lot since the beta opened up a month ago and I expect it to change some more before they're done. Hopefully they can get it out by their target, the end of June. But Blizz won't hesitate to delay it further if they're not happy with how it plays.

Kami

Screenwriter
The beta is great...I absolutely love this game. It's highly addicting...
games like this are why console games will never be able to touch the depth and character of the best PC games :)
It's destined to be another classic, just like every other Blizzard title. I can't say enough good things about it. Just frickin' awesome. Do not hesistate for one second when it comes out. Go to your local game store hours before opening and wait for it! Trust me it'll be worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks